What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
No Trespass Prognostication
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="JayKay" data-source="post: 243145" data-attributes="member: 324"><p>Regarding MORE laws, I think we ought to be able to agree that if something is already illegal, and the statutes are ignored, more laws won't help. </p><p></p><p>I'm all for stiffer penalties. I don't think that throwing people in jail is going to do much good. Seems like it never happens anyhow. But increase the fine 10X, and people may think twice.</p><p></p><p>My dad was never a hunter, so neither was (am) I, but I grew up fishing, and the legend and lore of Game Wardens being able to confiscate vehicles, boats, guns, gear, sure scared me as a kid. My dad and I were always rule-followers (for the most part) and the fear of those penalties kept us on the straight and narrow.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="JayKay, post: 243145, member: 324"] Regarding MORE laws, I think we ought to be able to agree that if something is already illegal, and the statutes are ignored, more laws won't help. I'm all for stiffer penalties. I don't think that throwing people in jail is going to do much good. Seems like it never happens anyhow. But increase the fine 10X, and people may think twice. My dad was never a hunter, so neither was (am) I, but I grew up fishing, and the legend and lore of Game Wardens being able to confiscate vehicles, boats, guns, gear, sure scared me as a kid. My dad and I were always rule-followers (for the most part) and the fear of those penalties kept us on the straight and narrow. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Rowdie
11 minutes ago
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
19 minutes ago
N
Jap Beatles
Latest: NodakBob
27 minutes ago
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: bucksnbears
45 minutes ago
DUI Attorney
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 7:22 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:12 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Yesterday at 9:51 PM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Wally World
Yesterday at 2:52 PM
W
Tailrace
Latest: walleyewanker
Yesterday at 2:06 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:43 AM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
National Grasslands Roads
Latest: Walleye Slayer
Thursday at 9:23 AM
Z
Soybeans
Latest: zoops
Thursday at 6:09 AM
Outdoor adventure bucket lis
Latest: svnmag
Wednesday at 10:32 PM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: CatDaddy
Wednesday at 10:12 PM
N
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: NodakBob
Wednesday at 7:27 PM
A
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: Auggie
Wednesday at 6:13 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
No Trespass Prognostication
Top
Bottom