No trespass

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
After watching the Kavanaugh circus I don't trust anyone anymore. I am going to take pictures of gates, quarter lines, etc before I enter any land to hunt. Even when I have permission. Landowners should also photograph their posted signs when they put them up. Photo's from your phone have the dates and time on them. There are aholes on both sides of this relationship. Protect yourself.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have run into that a lot as well. Seems a good chunk of the unsigned posted signs I come across are parcels that have absentee ownership. My guess is a fair amount of that land gets posted by adjacent landowners just to keep people out of it or by renters even though they have no plans to hunt it. Obviously no real evidence to back that claim up but hey it's a discussion forum. Kinda sad because there's so much land that I've never seen a soul on; it basically sits there unused.
This happens a lot more than people think. Soon as farmer jones heads for AZ the neighbor posts his land with unsigned posted signs and has em out before farmer jones gets home in the spring.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys that rent land what does the contract say? I have seen where the renter has control over the land during the growing season. Meaning from crop in to crop out. After that they have no say during the hunting season there for they can't post it.

I knew one insident where the renter went after a guy for trespassing and it was thrown out of court as he didn't have the right to post for the hunting season.
this is why I think we need a law preventing the renter from posting. Nobody can legally enter crop land anyway. Soon as the crop is off unless actual land owner posts the land it should be huntable.

Established Member
I had a guy hunt my land for 4-5 years never once asked if he could help out, he's gone,
Good Grief!! You want my F'n shoe size too?? Do I as a landowner get any privacy or do I give that up because I have land you want to hunt?? Think about what you're asking for for two seconds. Do you think putting landowners personal information on the internet or in a book is going to improve relations or weaken them? I DON'T want every dumbass with a shotgun/rifle to know my email address, my phone number, or any other of my personal information. Responsible hunters take the time to meet landowners, plan ahead for their sport, and build relationships with landowners. Just because I own land doesn't give you hunters the rights to anything. I swear, hunters are their own WORST ENEMY when it comes to landowner relations.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys that rent land what does the contract say? I have seen where the renter has control over the land during the growing season. Meaning from crop in to crop out. After that they have no say during the hunting season there for they can't post it.

I knew one insident where the renter went after a guy for trespassing and it was thrown out of court as he didn't have the right to post for the hunting season.
That's agreed to between the landowner and renter, either can post it.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
This happens a lot more than people think. Soon as farmer jones heads for AZ the neighbor posts his land with unsigned posted signs and has em out before farmer jones gets home in the spring.

- - - Updated - - -

this is why I think we need a law preventing the renter from posting. Nobody can legally enter crop land anyway. Soon as the crop is off unless actual land owner posts the land it should be huntable.
Then maybe YOU as the hunter should pay a percentage of the rent per acre, that the renter paid, and also share in his costs in producing a crop which in turn brings said game onto the land you wish to hunt. Then you can also pay to clean up the trash, wheel tracks, and ruts left in said RENTED land. Just a thought ????????

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then maybe YOU as the hunter should pay a percentage of the rent per acre, that the renter paid, and also share in his costs in producing a crop which in turn brings said game onto the land you wish to hunt. Then you can also pay to clean up the trash, wheel tracks, and ruts left in said RENTED land. Just a thought ????????

IF you are receiving any farm subsidies then as a taxpayer he is. where do you think the money comes from for
farm subsidies?

Last edited:

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF you are receiving any farm subsidies then as a taxpayer he is. where do you think the money comes from for
farm subsidies?
And you think the farmer does not pay those same taxes? SMH

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is it, at Fleet Farm, they're always asking me if it's a farm purchase I am making? I honestly don't know how it all works. Educate me.
Ask a farmer, he may be able to tell you, if not just roll up a fatty, and I am sure it will come to you :)

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is it, at Fleet Farm, they're always asking me if it's a farm purchase I am making? I honestly don't know how it all works. Educate me.

Farmers don’t pay sales tax that’s why. I get asked that at running’s too.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh, I see. You're just trolling. Carry on. #$%^&>
Born and raised in the rural community , as an avid hunter myself, I have seen plenty of the bs and destruction caused by other hunters. And those that do not own or rent land simply cannot understand why they are not allowed or entitled to hunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Farmers don’t pay sales tax that’s why. I get asked that at running’s too.
Correct me if I am wrong. But what I find, is farmers pay 3% on any new machinery used for agricultural purposes, and as for the Fleet Farm question, I believe they do not pay taxes on parts.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could care less who pays sales tax and who doesn’t. All I know is I have to pay. Back to trespassing with Gay.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh believe me I subsidize farmers quite well.

- - - Updated - - -

This probably isn't the time to bring up the 100K motorhome that's written off on taxes ;:;rofl

Redneck1

What would happen to the landowners land if all hunters would just quit hunting for a few years? Or even if 50% of hunters quit? Would the game management suffer at all? Does wildlife cause damage to property? Would there be a significant increase to property damage caused by wildlife?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 236
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55