North Dakota Pyramid

Huntdux

Cavalier Air Force Station is still there and manned. If you fly in front of the radar dome within a certain distance you will get very abnormal indications on your gages and navigation aids.

Huntdux

You are correct sir, have not been up there in a few years. Used to land helicopters at the Air Station.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND does infact have it's own pyramid it's just that there is no secret who built it! It's cool enough though that it's shows up as one of the locations in a popular video game.

IZxiZGsyh65Y.png

I always wondered if a guy could have zipped a dirt bike up the thing.

Great investment of tax dollars there. Only the government could turn $6 billion into $530,000.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The plan was to break the Soviet Union and it worked. We outspent them.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very interesting. I'm surprised a drone was able to (legally) simply fly over this facility.

Nah, the site was abandoned as a part of the S.A.L.T. agreement with the USSR. Some would say that it is what made the Soviets finally agree to our terms. Anyway, it no longer has use and I can't imagine why there would be a flight restriction around a stripped down and abandoned site. The Soviets and the U.S. agreed to allow their respective aerial recon aircraft access to verify (remember Reagan and the Trust But Verify) compliance with the S.T.A.R.T treaty.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7