Northern OAHE Series

TheWalleye

Honored Member
Fished a lot of tournament over the years I believe 95% of the people fishing them are honest I just worry about the other 5%. O another thing is Just because you are in a tournament doesn't mean that you own the river or lake so when you blast by Dad, Mom and the kids doing mach 5 50 feet away Scaring the crap out of the people you hurt the sport in general. I still fish tournaments but I do have more respect for the people on the water around me. I see this way to often. There got that off my chest.;:;rant

I can agree with this in general, one of my boys and I were fishing at Maclean bottoms and a few tools came ripping through there way faster then necessary and damn close to shore. Could have easily laid my weight into their boats without trying hard. I've also had boaters come up and start fishing in between lines on shore (this was in Williston), that really pissed us off.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if they will have standings out ever. I know Pollock can be 3 witlock is only 2 which is stupid and Akaska is a Friday and Saturday deal so that is tough to swing for me during the busy season. Figure we got to be half decent with a 12 th and 19 th finishes so far.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy backed out again this year (figured he would) just to busy running his big plumbing company. Are the results out yet?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the idea i just think all the tourneys need the same format. 1 day and 2-3 man teams. They would have more people fish them as 2 days are alot of time to commit. The whitlock tourney is only 2 man so which member of the team gets left off. This could be a good thing going just need a little refinement. Would also be nice to know how they are scoring for team of the year and standings

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
While I agree that a circuit or series should have the same format, you have to remember that these tournaments have been run for years in their respected communities. Just bringing them together at all is great, so lets baby step with the change. I think the circuit aspect is great but, it can't force these communities. Pollock has been 2 days forever, and still in ND they stick to the traditional 2 day 2 man teams. I doubt the circuit will ever be bigger (more relevant) for the individual communities. So the overall standings and placing will have problem solve and tweak itself since these individual tournaments are pretty much set.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Schilling fished with his kids they won. Going to be a tough tourney season next year chad said him and the kids are fishing every local one. That's OK seeing Sam and Beau with smiles from ear to ear is pretty cool. The team of Olson and Olson got team of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

As for our results all I will say it is almost hunting season. Haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 41