Obama seeks $10-a-barrel oil tax for clean transport

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would one business be on the hook for making another work

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
"President Barack Obama will submit a budget request to Congress next week...." Does this mean that it would not become law unless Congress passed it or will it be one more law imposed on us subjects via the stroke of the king's pen?

Revenue bills must originate in the House of Representatives. Except Obamacare which originated in the Senate then the SCOTUS deemed it legal because it was a revenue bill which actually should of made it illegal but no one seemed to care because congress loves new taxes and making more dependents.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bad deal all the way around but if this actually happens it will be the end for almost all of the shallow wells and some of the marginal bakken wells in ND. Almost every well you see outside of the Williston basin are 30 - 100 Bbl a day wells other than a few sweet spots that might have a few 200- 300 Bbl day wells. The operators will be forced to plug and abandon the wells and that will cost mega $$$ . If this is only for oil produced in USA it will be way cheaper to import oil than produce our own and that would hurt the economy way worse than if it was on both in my opinion. WOW , Just about the time you didn't think things could get worse in the oil business.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the life of me, I cannot fathom how this guy got elected once, let alone twice. Even more disturbing is we have 2 waiting in line to be next Dear Leader and they are gonna make this Dear Leader seem moderate.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
this automatically gives the muslim sellers a $10 advantage... then we can give THEM the $10 too... maybe they'll name a mosque after me...

images

Probably not. The one thing they have made clear is this is not a tax at the wellhead. So taking that statement into account and knowing the love affair the dems have with taxing anything they can my guess is they want to tax all new oil including the stuff that arrives by pipeline or boat. Either way its not going anywhere with our current Congress and he knows this he's just grandstanding so later he can say he tried but the evil environment hating Republicans stopped him. Nothing new for a lame duck president.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill work harder and smarder so you don't have to, #merica! ;:;bowdown

Last edited:

dr_weather

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm....

Published on Jan 13, 2016
"According to a Russian Foreign Intelligence non-classified report, reported on by Russia Today, a U.S. Admiral has been fired for questioning why the top Navy security and intelligence team was dispatched from Camp David to Dubai an what he termed an: “… Obama house hunting mission.”

Apparently, President Obama is in the process of purchasing a $4.9 million dollar seaside villa in Dubai for his retirement. Reportedly a deposit was made on the property last week by the Podesta Group, a global public relations firm.

Interestingly, the purchase is being handled by the global law firm DLA Piper, said to be the representatives of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

https://youtu.be/9q8gmMr-rCE

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm....

Published on Jan 13, 2016
"According to a Russian Foreign Intelligence non-classified report, reported on by Russia Today, a U.S. Admiral has been fired for questioning why the top Navy security and intelligence team was dispatched from Camp David to Dubai an what he termed an: “… Obama house hunting mission.”

Apparently, President Obama is in the process of purchasing a $4.9 million dollar seaside villa in Dubai for his retirement. Reportedly a deposit was made on the property last week by the Podesta Group, a global public relations firm.

Interestingly, the purchase is being handled by the global law firm DLA Piper, said to be the representatives of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."

https://youtu.be/9q8gmMr-rCE

Well that took six seconds to debunk!

http://www.snopes.com/rick-williams-obamas-mansion/

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never once been on snopes and never will. #saynopestosnopes

dr_weather

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Russia Today" is likely not the most reliable news source, however, Snopes certainly has it's own issues. Just thought I would throw it out there for thought.
I've lived outside the U.S. for enough years to know that most international news agency do have their own agendas with at least a kernel of truth....similar to the US mainstream "drive-by" media. I also know that putting a $10 bbl tax on $27-$35 domestic oil would be a death knoll for most US shale producers. Even mad King Berry has to know that....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51