One man ice house or small two man

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So many option's these days for hard water... To be successful on the lakes I fish loaded with structure,being "mobil" is key,using all the tools we have today,sitting in one spot staring at a bobber for hours are way past times,being mobil = a successful day to keep on active walleyes or a pod of gills/crappies/perch,camping out on one spot hoping for the best doesn't cut it,good clear ice allows an aggressive angler to work a piece of structure throughly,one can scout using his/her flasher just shooting thru the clear ice to keep on the fish,this type of run n gun action isn't for the folks totting a 20lb propane tank,sunflower heaters,12v battery etc,these fisher ppl are fine camping out,I get it,might as well be compfy...not that long ago being cash poor,my heater was a coleman lantern for my one man then used this lantern in my small 2 man fish trap,had a buddy build a cool propane heater and attached a lantern to a 5lb propane cyclinder...worked out great ,no need to haul both,keeping it simple was our key to success.

Interesting thread,lots of good info here,shack option's I never thought about but will consider,now for battery augers,on the fence,might shit can my strikemaster after 20+ years,"ion" or ?

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a Clam Yukon and even though it was heavier there still wasn't much room once another person joined me. I don't think I'd ever be up for a one-man flip shack. If there were a light three-person version I probably would've chose that over my two-person Yukon!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ion 40v auger user. Saw that Jiffy has an 80v unit, anyone tried ?

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
sometimes being mobile is useless

ask me how I know

Ha #guywhogerryrigs....I've seen your setup,other than crusing out in style with misses #guywhorunstheshow...no way you are mobil....once you undo all those bungis.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha #guywhogerryrigs....I've seen your setup,other than crusing out in style with misses #guywhorunstheshow...no way you are mobil....once you undo all those bungis.

I think you’d be rather shocked at the scouting effectiveness of that setup

- - - Updated - - -

F69996C8-7FC5-45C6-8C71-68FCF63928F7.jpg
stop, drill, fish. Only thing you “unload” is the auger, the transducer, and a rod.

Everything else - bait, tackle, rods, etc. is right there at bench height. Even the vexilar stays put (if desired)

If fish are found the deadsticks out front get drilled/dropped.

The twin vexilars (one each side) are on chargers while they’re riding.

When I get home I walk into the house with just my clothes and maybe a food item or two. Everything else is already where it belongs - on the sxs. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Even has built in seat (track), fish counter, and black entertainment system.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I roam far and wide and don’t catch as many as I would have had I set the popup up.

Some days roaming doesn’t pay.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
LOL love it guy....you be the "mac daddy" of jerry rigging,only thing missing is "booties" on royce but looks like he has ankle warmers.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm to old and lazy to be "mobile" The walleye only really bite at sundown anyway, so just find a good drop and stay there.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a clam kenai pro thermal for a couple years but I'm a big guy and it was too small so upgraded to an otter hideout and love it. In fact, I've upgraded all my ice houses from clam to otter and couldn't be happier but that's a separate topic. Early ice I do a lot of walking and fish solo a lot and for me I like the one-man.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think you’d be rather shocked at the scouting effectiveness of that setup

- - - Updated - - -

1700746456006.png

- - - Updated - - -

Even has built in seat (track), fish counter, and black entertainment system.

- - - Updated - - -

Great that you too have seen the light. :;:howdy
We all knew you would come around.

Carry on.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113