OnX

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have the paid subscription. Using Samsung Galaxy 7, the compass function on the app will not stay on track. With the travel becon on, it will not run basically N/S. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still does the same thing. Anyone have this issue? Definitely not satisfactory for the $30 fee.

Compass works fine while using My Topo app, so not the phone.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have the paid subscription. Using Samsung Galaxy 7, the compass function on the app will not stay on track. With the travel becon on, it will not run basically N/S. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still does the same thing. Anyone have this issue? Definitely not satisfactory for the $30 fee.

Compass works fine while using My Topo app, so not the phone.
When you say "travel beacon" is the symbol you see a crosshairs or an arrow? If it's crosshairs, it locks N/S. If it's an arrow it's "heading up". To toggle between them you just press the symbol.

I have issues with mine not tracking in "heading up" when I'm in the truck with my phone in the holder on my dash. There's a speaker in the center of the dash that messes with the magnetic field. It works fine when afield.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its with the arrow, map will turn partially sideways when it should be traveling upscreen.
As you make turns it sometimes is completely sideways. Difficult when tracking for electronically posted lands.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you want "heading up" or locked N/S? Does it only turn sideways when in your vehicle?

I had this same issue, then I figured out it was the speaker in my truck messing with it. Still not happy with it but I use the "crosshairs" in the vehicle and "arrow" when afield.

BTW I have a Galaxy S10. Did it with my S7 as well.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
when i switch from the blue button to the arrow my map goes sideways and wont switch back to n/s map straight on the screen till i log out and start over.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its pretty crazy because it works when I used it in the car. Use a vent mount phone holder.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use OnX on my iPhone and have never had this issue. It might be a software problem with your phone. Make sure you have done all updates.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Updates are all recent. Brothers IPhone right next to each other, his tracks perfectly. Anytime we make a turn, my compass can't find north. I think Onx Android app is pure shit from my experience. Am going to try and get money back. Will use GF app

2 emails to them and no replies either.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
if i had to bet its the old phone. I had an older one and it started to shit the bed got a new one and worked great

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 48
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14