What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Oppenheimer (2023)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="ndfinfan" data-source="post: 376748" data-attributes="member: 2279"><p>I always enjoy reading historical posts that then cause speculation and what if discussions. I think one of the most interesting what if discussions I've ever taken part in centered around the industrial revolution. In the mid 90s I took an ancient Greek and Roman history class at Minot State. During one of the lectures about Roman engineering and technology, the professor said something that I still occasionally consider today. He simply said that had the Roman empire not collapsed when it did, the pace of technology advancement could have continued on a path that would have ushered in the industrial revolution centuries sooner than when it actually took place. Where would we be today if the industrial revolution occurred in the 1600s rather than the 1800s!</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="ndfinfan, post: 376748, member: 2279"] I always enjoy reading historical posts that then cause speculation and what if discussions. I think one of the most interesting what if discussions I've ever taken part in centered around the industrial revolution. In the mid 90s I took an ancient Greek and Roman history class at Minot State. During one of the lectures about Roman engineering and technology, the professor said something that I still occasionally consider today. He simply said that had the Roman empire not collapsed when it did, the pace of technology advancement could have continued on a path that would have ushered in the industrial revolution centuries sooner than when it actually took place. Where would we be today if the industrial revolution occurred in the 1600s rather than the 1800s! [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Bone in Venison Chops??
Latest: Honkerslayr
Today at 1:07 AM
L
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: LBrandt
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Pheasant opener # 57
Latest: Kurtr
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
IDK: Serene/Creek Trout YT
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 8:47 PM
Are the Brits are friends?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 8:11 PM
Generation X
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:06 PM
Teachers
Latest: wslayer
Yesterday at 6:25 PM
M9 Moose
Latest: wslayer
Yesterday at 5:16 PM
C
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: camper
Yesterday at 4:48 PM
What happened to DB-2
Latest: Jiffy
Yesterday at 1:23 PM
M
M11 cow moose
Latest: Mhall92
Yesterday at 12:49 PM
ND suppressor laws update?
Latest: Kurtr
Yesterday at 12:38 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
Yesterday at 11:24 AM
M
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: measure-it
Yesterday at 10:49 AM
R
migration 26
Latest: riverview
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
This is very sad and wrong
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 7:00 AM
Braid To Braid
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 4:24 AM
Henry Garden Gun YT
Latest: svnmag
Friday at 7:46 PM
Interesting Look!!!!!
Latest: risingsun
Friday at 6:10 PM
Boys had a heck of a weekend
Latest: Yoby
Friday at 11:24 AM
Pronghorn
Latest: PAIN
Friday at 11:19 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Oppenheimer (2023)
Top
Bottom