Optimax alarm

Bushwacker28

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a 2004 115 opti. Here and there is have been getting an alarm after getting on plane. Noticed loss of power once but nothing else. Any ideas?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe thats an oil pressure alarm or low oil alarm.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or temp or water in fuel. Could be anything. Alarm goes off I plug laptop in. U don't have that choice. Take it in

sponsy12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same thing happened to me this spring on the missouri in march. One would think with 33 degree water temp it wouldn't over heat but it did. Replace the water pump impeller and there hasn't been an issue since. I believe the impeller was $25 on overtons, and it was an easy install. Just look up a youtube video on how to do it, pretty self explanitory. It took me about an hour to do it, with most of that time being spent on trying to get the lower unit back in because I didn't realize how important it was to put it in gear before you start. When the lower unit is in gear you can just spin the prop to get the splines to line up again.

Read something about on the Optimax's the impeller should be replaced every few years.

Bushwacker28

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah thanks. Not low on oil. It is time for me to replace the impeller but since it comes on but then goes away and runs fine makes me think faulty sensor. I would expect more consistency out of the impeller.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
do you have a good piss stream?

- - - Updated - - -

that sounded kinda bad lol

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id dont kniw if its the same on a opti as it is on my black max, but the reservoir on the engine needed to be primed if it ever got low. Id just top it off and be good to go.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 25
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8