Pheasant numbers could be low for hunting season in N.D.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Need to buy more no hunting signs and hone up on my ass chewing skills. I have a small oasis of birds because I feed all winter and killed every predator I came across.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need to buy more no hunting signs and hone up on my ass chewing skills. I have a small oasis of birds because I feed all winter and killed every predator I came across.

Only a few things really piss me off but probably number 1 is guys that trespass, especially when it is just blatant. My cousin's family has some land and his no hunting signs were repeatedly torn down last year and guys would be out there hunting. Nothing else has decreased hunter access as much as asshole hunters. I can't blame guys for posting their land with some of the dumb stuff that asshole hunters do.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was out the other morning looking for a good dove field. Very wet grass in very good country and saw two roosters and one hen with a few chicks but far far fewer then I should have seen with that much dew in the grass.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just another "Chicken Little" panic attack from hunters worried they won't get to hunt for some unknown reason. It happens EVERY year........Deer all died......Duck counts in the crapper......Pheasants are gone......CWD, Winter Kill, Road Hunting, Non-Residents, Lions, Tigers, Bears, Flaming Hail, Frogs from Heaven, THE ANGEL OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!! I'm NOT worried. If I have to hunt a bit longer to get a rooster or a goose or a deer, so be it. The hunt is the FUN part, not the kill. If the spring pheasant crowing where I turkey hunt is ANY indication of pheasant numbers.......All Is Well in the pheasant fields fellas.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't listen to KDM, the pheasants are all gone from Western ND.

Coldfront

Established Member
From what I hear about the crowing count that was done this past spring was that most of the roosters were transgender. I hope that the military was not involved in the sex change operation so that they had a chance to lay some eggs this spring. Come to think of it maybe this already happened last year, that was the reason the crowing count was up 128% in NW ND but the hatch was not!!!!!;:;rofl

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday I saw a brood of pheasant chicks that could not yet fly. I suspect there was much re-nesting going on.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are plenty of pheasants for cripes sakes. Even with all of the whores around the state there is still great hunting.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah HA!

Q: You know when a greasy biker is lying to you?
A: When he says "I'm being honest"

WTF, how do you know so much about us greasy bikers?

Turns out the pheasant population is booming, we can hardly drive down the roads for cripes sake

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Goody gumdrops! Sounds like a gang of bike riding whoresluts could get a nice limit of Ditch parrots. Thanks Juan.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Juanr and these guys have been causing a ruckus with pheasants and the local population all year.

wildhogs.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88