Pheasant numbers?

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Most of the roosters I am seeing look like the one above or maybe a few weeks older. The first nest attempt must have been rained out. I'm hoping for a nice long fall so they can grow up.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never insulated you in any way sir, you came back and gave me hell. Yes road hunting is illegal you have been hunting how long to not know that? I am into far chase and being smarter than animal is my game. Drones save me money and wear in tear on my vehicle and you cannot hunt same day either. So when they do decide to make it illegal that is fine. Then I will just have to spend the time and money just like before drones came out. I follow the law do as you wish. Raised right I guess. I dont know much either way over 60. Have great day.
When did road hunting become illegal?

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the roosters I am seeing look like the one above or maybe a few weeks older. The first nest attempt must have been rained out. I'm hoping for a nice long fall so they can grow up.
Same here. Either they still have egg on their beak or they are carryover from last year. Birds Ive killed held tight and were all young. Had a fair amount of older birds getting up 1-200 yards in front so it appears last years carryover was good. Central Dakota. This weather we’re having surely cant hurt. Another 3-4 weeks like this and wildlife will go into winter in good shape.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just got back from a week of bird hunting (southwest) we killed them of all ages, adults, full color yearlings and some with just enough color to id them as roosters.. Lots of birds moved of every flavor.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 324
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 50