What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Hunting
Bird Hunting
Pheasant
Pheasant opener # 57
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="1lessdog" data-source="post: 498807" data-attributes="member: 6971"><p>It has been incredible milestone for me. 57 Consecutive opening days,[ATTACH=full]87481[/ATTACH] is a rare and beautiful badge of honor for me.To have started at age 11 in the 1960s soilbank era around Hankinson, North Dakota, I witnessed some of the greatest years of upland hunting history. My journey through shotguns—from the Savage .410/.22 combination gun to the Westenfield 410 pump, the Stevens 12 ga, and finally buying a Remington 1100 12 ga at Sioux <u> Sporting Goods </u> in Bismarck, I really miss that store. To be walking behind a lifetime of good dogs, seeing your kids take their first birds, and carrying those memories into the field this year is what the hunt is truly about.</p><p>Do I start the Day off with the 410/22 or the pump 410 I have them both. Or go with the 1100 or the trusty 870. And what shells do I shoot the Federal Duck and Pheasant load. Or the Federal Hi-Power or Winchester Duck and Pheasant loads. Or do you go with the Modern day Bismuth or Tungsten - Iron.</p><p></p><p>I also think back to the old vehicle I had back then. A 1962 Pontiac station wagon or Buick Wildcat or my first pickup 1975 Ford Shortbox. </p><p></p><p>It will never be the same no matter what I do. But I will always have the memories of the rise of a Rooster and the cackle on a crisp opening morning.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="1lessdog, post: 498807, member: 6971"] It has been incredible milestone for me. 57 Consecutive opening days,[ATTACH type="full"]87481[/ATTACH] is a rare and beautiful badge of honor for me.To have started at age 11 in the 1960s soilbank era around Hankinson, North Dakota, I witnessed some of the greatest years of upland hunting history. My journey through shotguns—from the Savage .410/.22 combination gun to the Westenfield 410 pump, the Stevens 12 ga, and finally buying a Remington 1100 12 ga at Sioux [U] Sporting Goods [/U] in Bismarck, I really miss that store. To be walking behind a lifetime of good dogs, seeing your kids take their first birds, and carrying those memories into the field this year is what the hunt is truly about. Do I start the Day off with the 410/22 or the pump 410 I have them both. Or go with the 1100 or the trusty 870. And what shells do I shoot the Federal Duck and Pheasant load. Or the Federal Hi-Power or Winchester Duck and Pheasant loads. Or do you go with the Modern day Bismuth or Tungsten - Iron. I also think back to the old vehicle I had back then. A 1962 Pontiac station wagon or Buick Wildcat or my first pickup 1975 Ford Shortbox. It will never be the same no matter what I do. But I will always have the memories of the rise of a Rooster and the cackle on a crisp opening morning. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Pheasant opener # 57
Latest: 1lessdog
Today at 11:15 AM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 11:05 AM
Fall fishing?
Latest: Kurtr
Today at 10:52 AM
I
migration 26
Latest: Icepirate
Today at 10:41 AM
What happened to DB-2
Latest: risingsun
Today at 10:34 AM
S
ISO - Brittany Pup
Latest: SLE
Today at 10:15 AM
A
Bear Again
Latest: ale
Today at 10:02 AM
Walkin and thinkin
Latest: Kurtr
Today at 8:58 AM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Jiffy
Today at 7:49 AM
B
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Browneye
Yesterday at 6:14 PM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: 1bigfokker
Yesterday at 6:06 PM
Sale
Ford Tailgate bench
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Yesterday at 12:48 PM
Ham/Women
Latest: CatDaddy
Tuesday at 10:13 PM
P
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: Prairie Doggin'
Tuesday at 8:58 PM
Sharptails/Huns with labradors
Latest: svnmag
Tuesday at 7:30 PM
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: 3Roosters
Tuesday at 4:45 PM
ISO Vizsla pup
Latest: Yoby
Tuesday at 3:17 PM
A.I. Are you Excited?
Latest: Eatsleeptrap
Tuesday at 6:30 AM
A
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: Auggie
Tuesday at 6:02 AM
Pronghorn
Latest: Maddog
Monday at 6:52 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Monday at 2:31 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
Hunting
Bird Hunting
Pheasant
Pheasant opener # 57
Top
Bottom