Prayers

cornman53

Founding Member
Founding Member

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn that's a very bad result for doing something he probably does just about every day. I am starting to wear my PFD more and more each time. Never want to become one of these statistics that is for sure.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very sad deal. Auto inflating PFD's range from 100-250 bucks. They are way more comfortable than your standard PFD. Most times when I hit the dock and walk to the pickup I dont even realize I still have it on. Buddies may give you shit for wearing one but its better than what happened in this story.

8503674a.jpg

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prayers to the family for sure.

This is something I need to take a little more serious. When I was young I could swim like a fish. A year ago after not seriouly swimming for many years probably ten(am now about 20 lbs heavier) I went swimming with my son and was suprised how hard it was to stay afloat. Seemed when I was younger I could tread water for what I would consider a lengthy amount of time and could have swam to shore in most of the lakes I fish. Now would be a different story. The body gets more dense as you age I would presume. I thought the extra fat would make me more bouyant. I guess it doens't work that way. Add clothes and your in big trouble.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also the cold water causes an involuntary "gasp" during the spring and fall. Wear a PFD, wear your seatbelt and keep out of the left lane unless turning in a city.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 222
  • This month: 187
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 67