Price of having a well drilled

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well there is health guidelines the well companies abide by,rural areas may let home owners have a well for a secondary water source outside the home,not sure about your area but surface water table for this purpose lies just below the glacial drift (if any) and lies on the 1st layer of clay,a 4" well with a 3/4hp submirsiple pump will put out plenty of water with a coarse screen for this purpose,drinking water they need to go beyond the 1st clay layer to insure quality/safe drinking water.Check with the city to see where your water table is and also the average depth of wells in your area.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I have a country buddy that was raised on well water, worst looking teeth ever.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any known ways to treat well water that is " very" high in sodium that won't break the bank. Had well repaired when we moved into our home for watering grass/trees/ garden, etc. House is rural water. Was having hard time getting things to grow anywhere on property. Had water tested, had about double sodium allowable. Was recommended not even used for agricultural. Basically worthless now.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most water treatment plants if not all, also add a bit off Floride to the water, and other things. Well water can contain high amounts of calcium, rust, other tooth ruining shit that unfortunately makes your toothy smile more Jacko lanternish.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
With the well we have a water softener into some filters my wife's uncle set up he does industrial water purification and then reverse osmosis for drinking water. We all rinse with mouth wash and brush teeth 2 times a day so far no cavities or bad teeth hear. My wife's uncle is adding a iron filter becasue he said it will help with a bunch of technical stuff I don't understand.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most water treatment plants if not all, also add a bit off Floride to the water, and other things. Well water can contain high amounts of calcium, rust, other tooth ruining shit that unfortunately makes your toothy smile more Jacko lanternish.

If your buddy is from SW North Dakota, the high fluoride that occurs naturally in the freshwater sources out that way "mottle" a person's teeth. Kinda makes them look gray.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any known ways to treat well water that is " very" high in sodium that won't break the bank. Had well repaired when we moved into our home for watering grass/trees/ garden, etc. House is rural water. Was having hard time getting things to grow anywhere on property. Had water tested, had about double sodium allowable. Was recommended not even used for agricultural. Basically worthless now.

Im not sure of anything you can do.. my water is right on the border for being too rich in sodium. I have talked to people that said high levels of sodium in water make real good pickles! So not all is lost...

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
as far as sodium goes... i think the only 3 effective ways are de-ionization, distillation and RO. for watering lawn, none are desirable from a cost effective standpoint and all would require a good sized storage tank. distillation and RO are probably the most expensive. but, de-ionization requires some less than desirable chemicals for resin regeneration and then they have to be flushed somewhere. since you are in the country, that's probably a septic system. i can't imagine them being good for the septic system. but, maybe i am not thinking correctly.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 38