Propane Pickup

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
The propane enters the carburetor through the top center of air cleaner through an elbow. This elbow has a small hex cap on it, beneath the cap within the elbow is a slotted rod that can be screwed in or out. I believe this rod either sets the travel or tension of the diaphragm. Would this adjustment affect idle speed?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
worked for a well company back in the 70's that ran all of their fords and personel vehicles on propane,even the medium duty trucks,never had issues,however finding a place for the propane tank was a bitch,tookup way to much space.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting, I knew a fella that had a conversion on about a 1978 Dodge pickup with a 360 (?) in it.

POS only made it to about 70k miles before it needed a new engine. I spent several hours with a screw driver and a hammer trying to clean the carbon out of the ports on the intake manifold. It was plugged, to put it nicely.

That fella and his damn Dodge pickups in my youth were just the start of my life-long hatred of Chrysler crap.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy hell are all your grills charcoal now too;:;rofl

I'm not sure how an auger could be powered directly from charcoal. I believe it would have to convert water to steam which would do the actual work which is arguable due to the actual source of said steam. Although the steam engine has been determined the most efficient; a portable drilling device reliant upon steam would prove both unduly attracted to gravitational force and unwieldy. Penis (not you, just penis).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52