RR Red River 9-26-24

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Water temps are holding in the high 60s for now and the river is noticeably lower than it has been all season. I find myself with 2 ounces on now. North Grand Forks is fishable but exercise caution, South Grand Forks above the dam has lots of water. Remember the only open ramp is Lincoln Park right now. Looking at the rest of the gauges be careful all up and down the Red for low water spots.

Fish patterns remain the same as they have been. Last week I said fronts could require time adjustments and that is the case. One day 20 minutes is enough while the next may need 30-40 so be flexible with sit times. Two or three days dead sucker remains the bait of choice. I have even seen up to seven-day dead sucker work well. Frogs just have not gotten it done for me this week. In speaking to another group fishing North of Grand Forks they had a very poor trip only fishing with frogs.

Looking at the forecast after this weekend, the annual cool off will be upon us and if everything holds water temps should drop fairly quickly. This is when working a longer clock can play in as things change. We have been very lucky to get at least two extra weeks of fishing this year.

The end to my season will now be dictated by the water temperature if you still want to get in, Call or text 701-739-5808 for information or to book.

Redrivercatfish.com

Attachments

460941855_1056595319799865_7551510703714822336_n.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 303
  • This month: 191
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 90