Reheat smoked ribs

GSP

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need some help on this one. Im going to be smoking some pork spareribs and taking them camping. I typically do a 3-2-1 method, cool them, freeze them in food saver bags and then reheat on the grill when Im camping. They end up getting a little overcooked and fall apart. Anyone have any better ways to do this? Thanks in advance!

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I usually smoke 6 racks of ribs at a time. We will eat a few meals after smoking and remaining ribs are wrapped, vacuum sealed and frozen. If you plan to freeze and reheat ribs just decrease initial cooking time by 45 min and you will keep them firm. I will take them out of the freezer for a few hours and heat them on the grill slowly and baste them with BBQ sauce when warm and carmelize sauce on ribs.

GSP

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wrap in tin foil and add a little extra sauce and a little apple juice. tight wrap on the tin foil so no moisture gets out and heat to eating temp in oven or on indirect heat on grill.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do this and seems to work as long as I don't overcook them

I usually smoke 6 racks of ribs at a time. We will eat a few meals after smoking and remaining ribs are wrapped, vacuum sealed and frozen. If you plan to freeze and reheat ribs just decrease initial cooking time by 45 min and you will keep them firm. I will take them out of the freezer for a few hours and heat them on the grill slowly and baste them with BBQ sauce when warm and carmelize sauce on ribs.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just do the 3-2 then freeze then do the last hour or so on the grill, will want to thaw the ribs before putting on the the grill though.

GSP

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perfect! Thanks again for the help

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119