remember when...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
A Boy Scout camporee at the current site of Riverwood golf course. They released live chickens. We ran them down and wrung their necks. Pulled feathers and cooked them over an open fire . We were thrilled.
wow - can you imagine that today?

awesome

- - - Updated - - -

A dime bag was actually a dime

in 1886?

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
$2.00 bought 5 gallons of gas and oil for the snowmobile, we throw $10.00 each into kitty and drive around Friday and Saturday night drinking beer, usually would end up at a kegger, that didn't cost much either, kids now days can't have any fun, suppose to set at home in Mommy's basement and play video games

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
the news was news - without opinion??? 40 years ago if you saw something on cnn, you believed it...

That guy

Honored Member
When you went to the doctor because you felt sick and they told it was a virus and it just had to run it's course.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A teacher would drag you out in the hall and chew your ass up and down, and the school never got an angry call from your parents because you sure as hell never mentioned it to them.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
A teacher would drag you out in the hall and chew your ass up and down, and the school never got an angry call from your parents because you sure as hell never mentioned it to them.

Haha memories. I hated music class with a passion . Long story short me and a buddy were ordered to bend over and grab our ankles and we both got 3 hard swats on the ass with a flagpole for shooting spit wads. It was a good lesson. I was afraid to tell my Mom and Dad or I might have gotten another one from them. Now days the
teacher that helped set me straight would get fired without a doubt.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aw man, this is GOOD STUFF!!
When you could walk into the neighbors yards and whack a cottontail with a wristrocket and not have the cops show up.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Great memories and have experience many of those on here,
but i always thing about when i was a young lad and my junk would respond to something as simple as a thought or a certain picture or maybe just looking at a young lady.

Now nothing can make the junk respond, its what you young buck got to live for so enjoy it now as it will not work for ever.
But i still enjoy the looking and i am sure you will also in your old age. Its why we get old amount other things. And it is good.
db-2

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
90 cents for buckhorn six pack. For me it was 4 bucks for a case,

so just a few pennies more now that i done did the math.

12 pack of old mill was 3.12 at Steve's package store in Fargo in 66. Been drinking it every since. Gas on the farm was 15 cents a gallon and in 73 Durum was around $7 to 9 per bushel. Did not last long db

- - - Updated - - -

My aunt told my dad that Walter Cronkite was a democrat and lie all the time on CBS news back in the 50s. DB

- - - Updated - - -

My dad being a famer and wearing green and yellow shorts would get upset with her.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For a while around 1990-1991 you could get a case of Pfeifer for $4.99. Beautiful wood grain can. Nobody else would touch your beer.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember when the whistle would blow at 6, and 10 pm. You better get your azz home.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
A peanut butter and grape jelly on a thick sliced homemade bread sandwich that was still in the lunch pail at 3 in the afternoon, was still tasty even if the jelly had melted through the bread. Hay field memories. The water jug was an old 2 gal vinegar jug wraped with a burlap sack dipped in the stock tank to get it wet' then under a tarp in the pickup box

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spending the entire day OUTSIDE until the streetlights popped on, and then I better get my arse home.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
going to grocery store and getting 1/4lb of Bologna or Roastbeef loaf sliced off a big tube of it, any amount of Coby cheese you wanted, and walking the streets shooting black birds

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every Saturday we went to town to sell cream and buy groceries with the cream check. I'd find pop bottles and sell them at the grocery store and then run down to the dime store and buy a big tube of BBs and some candy. Every phone booth I ran past I'd check the coin return for money because I found a dime in one once. When I ran out of BBs I'd shoot hard wheat in my BB gun , First bird I shot was with it was with hard wheat in the potato peel pile in the garden.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
Off the rail here but in a sour mood. Skeeters are eating my ass up!!

I remember when seeing a black dude did not be a cause for concern:;:thumbsup

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys/gals are old. Db

You have me by a few years db but years old is just a number. Also remember my dad had friends over on that side of the mountains and I remember the tar paper houses , Some one roomers not much bigger than a fish house. They all had tepee pole tripods in the yard for pulling motors.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69