River birds

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
You haven't hunted late season river birds until you've gotten permission for a VanOosting field only to share it with 4 other spreads the next day.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep thus why I no longer hunt there. it was heven back in the 90's when I was the only one that hunted their place other then some old guy from washburn who was big into trapping. my mom was their insurance agent and took me up there when I was in grade school and would drop me off at their place and Bruce would take me down to the dam to go fishing or hunting. back then they had just locked the whole place down do to much junk left behind at the lake. for most of the first few years it was just me in there then a couple more guys started hunting there and they were big into pheasants so the deer got really spooky due to the draws getting pushed all the time so I stopped hunting there and switched to 2k2. they definitely get some big flocks in there but like you said it's pretty much a free for all with so many guys in there now.

- - - Updated - - -

Well not sure about up north but down in Sioux County the storm did a pretty good job clearing the snow off the ridges and bare bean fields so here's hoping it did the same up north. looks like the sandbar south of expressway is starting to stack up pretty good at this point as well.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah the river is likely going to start icing up which will undoubtedly give the birds a push but then again so will this much snow!

603c4987b630be3f3a8621e30a7c4354 copy.jpg

Is that a new eco friendly grill cover?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
especially in "the back country".
Yeah no doubt! Luckily we only have slightly towards the front country!

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a new eco friendly grill cover?

Apparently it's also a birdhouse. Just notice this afternoon when I was doing for shoveling that there's a half a dozen house sparrows that are going up inside of it through the grease drain at the bottom. Thought about blocking the hole and giving them a house warming party but figured that would just end up being more work and I had enough the way it was with the snow.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sparrows are a delightful crunchy snack in Portuguese bars.

th

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
The weather and weekend forecast don't look too bad so I don't think it will be as large of a flyover as I was thinking. 30 and sun for two days this weekend should knock down a fair amount of shallow snow on the hill tops and as of now there isn't a lack of open water.
The glass that was half empty gained some water and is now half full.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still lots of snows on the big lake.Saw some specks and tons of lessors and big honks.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday I seen thousands of snows by Napoleon.