Ryan King - Monster Eye

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
420 day lasts a little longer for some.

I wonder if the girth calculation is off, due to that thing being full of eggs?

Huge fish anyway you slice it :)

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm scratching my head here. Don't see what the Bismarck School Board has to do with walleyes.

scan0004.jpg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
alright. LOL. I totally bought into it. I'm dense on a good day. Extra dense on a day when I'm not 100%. At least I wasn't alone, eh Vollmer?

truthfully, when I figured this out, I had a good laugh..

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beautiful fish. But I've been around a couple egged up females in that 15 lb range and non had a girth close to that. "21.5" was the biggest" As a matter of fact I'd venture to guess 24.5" would be a world record girth for a walleye.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
alright. LOL. I totally bought into it. I'm dense on a good day. Extra dense on a day when I'm not 100%. At least I wasn't alone, eh Vollmer?

truthfully, when I figured this out, I had a good laugh..

I must be pegging out the denseometer. I still don't get it. Kinda half skimming through while I run a 40 ton machine, but still.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must be pegging out the denseometer. I still don't get it. Kinda half skimming through while I run a 40 ton machine, but still.

Lycan read the thread, then went 180 degrees the opposite way, as a joke. I didn't see it coming. Actually, it's quite funny.

To my credit, I was out sick yesterday, and probably still should be home in bed.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Captain Ahab Impressive fish and the weight appears accurate. His measurements are a bit suspect, though. This calculation has been very accurate for me in the past: Girth X Girth X Length divided by 800. 24.5*24.5*32/800= 24.01 pounds.

Huh, I've never tried that. Does that work over time? I mean, has it worked out to be true?

If you are measuring with a bump board and a real nice/flexible tape(girth) it has been within 5% give or take for me. If you measure over the top of the fish with a tape you are going to add at least an inch to a big fish. Getting a tight read with a good tape on girth is also important.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I make sure to not tell anyone the weight of my said walleyes until after I see the pictures, then embellish accordingly!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 1
Top Bottom