Satellite trains

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walked outside and looked up and saw a long string of lights traveling east , I watched it for a good 30 seconds before it was gone. It raised the question, is there a website site where you can track these , the same as you can ships and barges ?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elon Musk should've been more public with this bullshit. Me and the boy used to track the ISS, Shuttle and Hubble on the NASA website.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
In his defense, he hasn't exactly been secretive about it lol. This has been public knowledge for a few years now.... There isn't a whole lot that he is secretive about lol

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are pretty cool to see. The 1st time was Memorial Day last year. The wife was freaking out, I was in bed in the camper. Once you realize they are just satellites and the reason they go out is that they have no lights and are just reflecting the sunlight, it's not so freaky.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw starlink train a couple winters ago and there was about 50 satellites in it.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was cool the way the Northern lights were dancing in the background, My first time seeing one but I'd read about them and knew right away what I was watching. I looked at a couple websites and realized just how many are up there now days, plus a bunch of other space junk from years gone by.

Do modern space travel vehicles like the space shuttle have abilities to maneuver around junk ? or is the sky so big that they rely on luck ?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84