Search & Rescue is Successful

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake Audubon - A 37 year old man had to be rescued by Civil Air Patrol Monday after going missing early Sunday morning on Lake Audubon.
Civil Air Patrol, McLean County Sheriff and Game and Fish were involved in the search and rescue.
The man was spotted around 3 pm Monday after about a half hour searching western Lake Audubon.
He was alive and able to signal the aircraft. A rescue boat was then sent to pick the man up. Cell phone forensics were used to help aid the search.

Did he forget about his main plug and found sitting on an island??
;:;boohoo

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read somewhere it was a canoe. In that WIND? :eek:

I bet he has an interesting story. What hell his family must have gone through - those stories don't usually end well.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I also heard it was a canoe.

Had to tow two canoes to the rental place out at McDowell dam back in July, people give themselves too much credit for being able to defeat ND's wind.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I also heard it was a canoe.

Had to tow two canoes to the rental place out at McDowell dam back in July, people give themselves too much credit for being able to defeat ND's wind.

THEN TURN AROUND AND GO WITH THE WIND AND WALK AROUND THE DAMN LAKE!!! USF&W headquarters on the south side, highway on the west side, and cabins all along the north side. Did this knucklehead try to get some Dominoes delivered, too? sheeeesh

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad the dude was found..... but a canoe?!?! Come on man! I haven't been in a canoe since my two weeks as a Boy Scout 25 years ago! And on one of the windiest days of the year. I think people like that should be sent straight to Jamestown for an eval

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all seriousness though if weather turns nasty that's why I let people know where I'm planning on fishing and where I put in at!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Eric, if you ever want to hang around a gymnasium send PM.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had an episode on Audubon in my canoe back in 2002. Left shore with dogs to fish mid afternoon. Wind comes up. Pushes ice to shore I had parked on. Couldn't get thru. Beached on opposite shore and called for a ride. I had outriggersome and a trolling motor on the canoe though. Tipping it was all but physically impossible. Still stupid.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ran into this guy last night in Minot at the bar. Talked to him about the ordeal. He was scared shitless lol. He was out trollin for eyes. He's a big fisherman. A normal joe that loves the sport. Seems like a really great guy. He didn't know how quick the wind could come up around here, he hasn't been around long. He said if he stays up here he will def be getting a big boat. Told him I'd take him out if he's still here next year. I forgot to ask him if he found a volleyball and named it Wilson. We joked around about his situation for awhile. He's glad it's over and he lived through it. He basically praised the rescue team.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did he mention anything about the gymnasium?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52