Shiver Minnow/ Jigging Rap

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever use these on the river during the spring? Any success?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
To add on top of that question, who makes the lightest versions of these. The ones I have tried seem SO damn heavy for the size I want to present.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
To add on top of that question, who makes the lightest versions of these. The ones I have tried seem SO damn heavy for the size I want to present.

if your trying to fish them real shallow I have gone to a #5 but what makes these baits shine is the massive amount of weight - it makes them fall and dart dramatically for reaction strikes. ripping #7 jig raps is one of my absolute favorite ways to fish.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no experience with them on the MO, I tried on the red once with no luck,probably too dirty for them to be real effective there

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are very very ineffective in the rivers and lakes around here and just don't work. Don't waste your time or money. Stick with BB and spinners

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
if your trying to fish them real shallow I have gone to a #5 but what makes these baits shine is the massive amount of weight - it makes them fall and dart dramatically for reaction strikes. ripping #7 jig raps is one of my absolute favorite ways to fish.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no experience with them on the MO, I tried on the red once with no luck,probably too dirty for them to be real effective there

Thanks. I plan on playing around with them a lot more this year. My first impression, though, was that I wished they were about 1/2 the weight.

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried both a few times in late may & early june on the river down in the Hazelton area last year with mixed results. Drifting & vertical jigging them didn't produce anything for me the couple times I tried. But I did have decent luck spot locking and casting shiver minnows into deeper (10-15') holes and working them back upstream to the boat.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they work they are a fun way to fish. I like the larger sizes of the Shiver minnow and Jigging Rap....

Too bad they were so expensive... too bad a guy couldn't get them for $1.70 each....

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they work they are a fun way to fish. I like the larger sizes of the Shiver minnow and Jigging Rap....

Too bad they were so expensive... too bad a guy couldn't get them for $1.70 each....

You asked for it. Alibaba kicks ass for fishing supplies in bulk! ;)

https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/prod...60619570234.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.yIAcIg

more choices

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=jigging+rap

And you can get unpainted cranks for like 10 cents..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33