Sleep~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
After readiing thriugh some of the "my pillow thread" it seems folks have issue's with a good night sleep including me,as a light sleeper Iwakeup a few times a night dealing with some crud going around,in my case I have the wheezing and shallow breathing,doc said its a bronchitis virus but after 4 weeks? Anyone have a home remedie? I tried a steam inhaler,works some what but I want a good hard sleep with druel...

Oh,and tried shots of fireball,schnapps and blackberry brandy,good buzz but wide awake@ 3am still.

Curious what others do and the pillow deal I ain't buying.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the same thing. Been coughing for about 6 weeks now. Not real bad but irritating. When I can't sleep, I'll take NyQuil or just an antihistamine. Children's liquid Benadryl works really fast. Also, watch a nature documentary on Netfilix or something. I like them but guaranteed to put me to sleep.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're wheezing, talk to your doctor about getting an inhaler of albuterol and maybe an expectorant like mucinex to help clear things out. Smoker?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doc gave me a inhaler,nyquil crazy stuff,weird dreams,I like the outdoor show idea,last couple nights i put a xmas music station on the tube between 2am and 4am,makes a guy drowzy forsure,was hoping the doc would cough up some sleeping pills,he nixed that idea,told me to take benydrel!

eyexer,thats a visual I don't need...hahaha.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
for me and the wife we just accept old age and not sleeping any. Last night I last look at the clock at 4:30. But in a few more years that is all we will probably do is sleep.

Probably a lot to do with eating habits and other habits and 5 kids and 8 grandkids and Obama and the other left people and if the cash will last and if they will quit serving old mill as only a couple of us left drinking it, and if the deer will survive (son found one young buck dead next to the plot this morning, two coyotes 40 yards away would not run away with a bunch of ravens and no rifle), if the pickup will make it until they take it away (but a dodge so not much worry there), if my Goldwing will survive until they take that to, finding a decent camp ground, keeping my 4x4 until they take that away, keeping my rifles until they take them away, a gay guy showing up in the family, drowning on ice, harvesting a bow deer that does net 170, family staying healthy, in laws continue to hang around, sump pump WHOPS wife called from the bedroom so no worry there yet. db

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
gay guy showing up in the family - bahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

i cant sleep past 7 - 8 oclock at the lastest anymore. Doesnt matter what time i go to bed or how hard the party was.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
gay guy showing up in the family - bahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

i cant sleep past 7 - 8 oclock at the lastest anymore. Doesnt matter what time i go to bed or how hard the party was.

ba ha ha - one of life's great injustices

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a little bluetooth speaker in our bedroom that is linked up to one of our phones. We have a "rain" sound that just continuously loops throughout the night. My wife has been a cruddy sleeper ever since we met. Went to the Dr. last week and they told her to try the rain sounds and has worked very well for her. The trick to it is to find something that is strictly rain or running water or whatever. No birds chirping or anything like that, just the sound of the water. Also, we have our thermostat set to drop the temperature of the whole house down to 64 at night, that helps both of us sleep.
While I don't buy into the "I need a $60 pillow to sleep well", I am a firm believer that a new pillow every few months drastically improves my sleep. If I have to fold my pillow to get comfortable, it's time for a new one. The other indicator that it's time for a new pillow for me is if I start waking up with headaches or if I wake up with a sore neck.
As for being sick, my wife has had the same hacking/mucousy coughing pressure in the head sickness for the last month+. She went to the Dr. and they told her she has a sinus infection. Netti pot (or something like it) and I think some meds and she'll get over it.

If your even slightly overweight and have a hard time getting good sleep, maybe look into having a sleep study done. My wife forced me to have one done a few years ago because I snored so bad and I would stop breathing in my sleep (sometimes for pretty extended amounts of time). After having the study done I was issued a cpap machine and I'm so glad I have it now. The sleep I get is of much better quality and my wife is happy because I don't snore. It took a bit of getting used to, but now if I sleep without it, I feel like shit. Absolutely worth the investment.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
snow;120081 Curious what others do and the pillow deal I ain't buying.[/QUOTE said:
Ever try having sex with your thermos ? I know I always nodded off after the ex and I did the nasty !

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cool temps for better sleep, like someone said 64 degrees sounds about like what we do. Aleve PM puts me down for those nights when the brain just will not shut off. Alcohol never worked for me, just a wide awake drunk. Nyquil and I am in another world of crazy weird dreams that I can never talk about and I wake up tired.:;:huh

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drilling a vent in a Thermos would facilitate easier pleasure.

- - - Updated - - -

The mouth issue is still present.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Once asleep, I am out cold. Falling asleep is my issue. I can't get my mind to stop thinking.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nyquil and I'm groggy for 2 days. I've never been "roofied" to my knowledge, but "Nyquil'd" can't be much different.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nyquil and I'm groggy for 2 days. I've never been "roofied" to my knowledge, but "Nyquil'd" can't be much different.

I avoid cold medicine in general at all costs. Jitters, then sleepy, then groggy for a day. No thanks

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
From Mike Savage:

1 tbls of cayenne
1 tbls of honey
1 tbls of lemon juice

It's harsh.

Overload your system as much as possible with garlic and vitamin C.

This combo works. It may be placebo but I don't care. I can't do the beverage in a shot. I have to sip it. It's actually not that bad.

Again: Go nuts with garlic (pills/soup--whatever. Go full retard) and take enough V-C to cause farting.

You will get a lot of sulphur in your system which will pass through the bowels.

This works.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32