small fish graph for 14' boat

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an older HDS 7, or whatever model it was they made in 2008. Works just fine on the fish locator side, the GPS puck broke, so it would map if you wanted to pick up a new puck.
I would let it go for cheap, like a couple ice cold Busch lights, as I cant seem to get anyone to buy it. Everyone these days has huge amounts of disposable income, and are not interested in a quality product for bargain prices.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an older HDS 7, or whatever model it was they made in 2008. Works just fine on the fish locator side, the GPS puck broke, so it would map if you wanted to pick up a new puck.
I would let it go for cheap, like a couple ice cold Busch lights, as I cant seem to get anyone to buy it. Everyone these days has huge amounts of disposable income, and are not interested in a quality product for bargain prices.
i may be interested in that, i dont know that i really need gps for this unit i can always use my navionics app on my phone if need be, how much would a puck for that unit run a guy any idea? is that the gen 1?

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the internal gps quit working too?

Muzzytipped

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the X series (4X, 5X, 7X etc.) do NOT have GPS or mapping capabilities. That's why they are cheaper. Last year I bought an Elite 5X HDI CHIRP on sale from Cabela's for $199 and got a $50 rebate from Lowrance. It doesn't have GPS or mapping but I like how clear the CHIRP feature makes it. Actually prefer it to my Elite-7 HDI without CHIRP and use it more. $149 cost included an HDI transducer.

Yes I have the Eite4 ice machine. The X is non GPS.
I picked it up online at REEDS for $154 plus tax, free shipping. I see they don't have it anymore though.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did the internal gps quit working too?

I don't believe it has internal. It is the 2008 model Lowrance in the 7 inch screen series. It only works with the puck. I was going to purchase a puck for it, but at $100.00 or maybe a slight bit more. So I decide to just upgrade.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to steal your thread Arrowdem but I see it has gone untouched for awhile so hopefully you wont mind. I have not owned any fish electronics for soft water and would like to ask NDA for some expert advice. Does anyone know the difference between the following two electronics? Is it just the chart/navionics+ that comes with them? Also any recommendations if you know of somthing better close to this price range would be appreciated. 1: https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Lowrance-Hook-5-Combo-W-83-200-455-800-Hdi-Trans-p/low000-12657-001.htm ($100 rebate) 2:https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Lowrance-Hook-5-Combo-W-83-200-455-800-Hdi-Trans-p/low000-12656-002.htm Thanks in advance for any help/ advice

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
If you're still looking for one I have a Lowrance Elite 4 (non-x, with gps) from an ice pack that I'd sell you with a navionics+ map card for $250...the map card is $200 on its own. Just got an awesome deal on a hook 5 that I swapped into the ice pack so I put the Elite 4 with all the transducer and cables from the hook 5 and now trying to just get it off my shelf.

JCNodak

Honored Member
Cabelas has the Hook 5 with DSI and a chip for $300 right now. I have my old Elite 5 with GPS, no downscan that I bought when they came out 4 or 5 years ago. Still works well. I use it as my ice fishing unit.

- - - Updated - - -

rev, is your navionics + regional or whole country?

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to steal your thread Arrowdem but I see it has gone untouched for awhile so hopefully you wont mind. I have not owned any fish electronics for soft water and would like to ask NDA for some expert advice. Does anyone know the difference between the following two electronics? Is it just the chart/navionics+ that comes with them? Also any recommendations if you know of somthing better close to this price range would be appreciated. 1: https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Lowrance-Hook-5-Combo-W-83-200-455-800-Hdi-Trans-p/low000-12657-001.htm ($100 rebate) 2:https://www.hodgesmarine.com/Lowrance-Hook-5-Combo-W-83-200-455-800-Hdi-Trans-p/low000-12656-002.htm Thanks in advance for any help/ advice
you're good no worries. I actually went with the hook 3 for $89 at Scheels. For under $100 for my ditch boat it works perfect. If you want something other then seeing some structure under you. Mark some fish and get a temp reading you don't want this unit. It's pretty simple and the screen is pretty small but it was perfect for what I needed. I recommend it for sure at the price it's at!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 163
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55