Snow Plow

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
This wonderful weather has me shopping for a snowplow for my 15' 900 Polaris Ranger. What kind of snowplows do you guys have? I called and talked to Polaris, their Glacier Plow System seems like what everyone is going with. Pro Push Mount, Pro Push frame and 72" Poly Blade. They don't give them away at $1930 + installation though....

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a straight plow on my wheeler, I would go v-plow if i could do it over. I hate ridges in the driveway and a straight plow just lets it roll off the edges, where a v you can kind of trap it in. That said spend a little more and get a blower for the front and never look back!

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Open Trail by KFI, look around on the net and save huge. I have mine on a Honda pioneer 700. I have had great luck with it and easy to install

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the Polaris set up on my 850 sportsman. 60" straight blade. Hookup and disconnect is really nice. haven't had any issues with it.

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a boss v-plow for my ranger. Sweet plow but if we don't get anymore snow than we have had the past couple of years it is overkill. Heavy SOB that really scrapes up packed snow on the driveway if you don't get to the snow before your in laws have a family reunion at your house before you get off work. Had to upgrade the front springs after the first year because the stock springs were to weak. Really easy to remove and install which I do all the time in the winter. Just make sure whatever plow you buy it has power angle nothing sucks worse than having to get out and manually adjust the angle.

Oh and buy a light bar if you haven't already because the plow blocks a lot of light. I also installed a couple led cube lights pointed out the back so I can see backing up. Can't have to many lights when plowing snow at night which I have to do 90% of the time.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah 100% agree with MT11 about getting a powered angle plow. First year or so I didn't mind jumping off and moving but now it just pisses me off!

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't reached the point of being upset enough to add that option to the set up yet. It would be nice though. The light bar would definitely be a help

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a boss v-plow for my ranger. Sweet plow but if we don't get anymore snow than we have had the past couple of years it is overkill. Heavy SOB that really scrapes up packed snow on the driveway if you don't get to the snow before your in laws have a family reunion at your house before you get off work. Had to upgrade the front springs after the first year because the stock springs were to weak. Really easy to remove and install which I do all the time in the winter. Just make sure whatever plow you buy it has power angle nothing sucks worse than having to get out and manually adjust the angle.

Oh and buy a light bar if you haven't already because the plow blocks a lot of light. I also installed a couple led cube lights pointed out the back so I can see backing up. Can't have to many lights when plowing snow at night which I have to do 90% of the time.

What do those boss v-plows run? And how heavy is heavy? I don't really want to have to upgrade the front springs if I don't have too

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member
V-plow is sweet. Put it in scoop mode and stack snow really high for a plow. In scoop mode it's wide enough to still cover the rangers tire tracks. I use scoop mode quite a bit as I don't like piling snow next to the driveway in case the wind really blows and the drifts start catching snow. It's also really tall so I added sand bags to box so it can really push the snow. Lightweight plows will ride up and over packed snow while this plow has enough weight to bust through it (not sure on actual weight but Boss website probably has it listed)Upgrading the spring cost me 150 bucks. I paid around 2700 bucks and installed the thing myself. Oh my driveway is concrete I have no experience with this plow on gravel but I would be serious concerned about causing frame or other damage hitting frozen ruts or rocks.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
V-plow is sweet. Put it in scoop mode and stack snow really high for a plow. In scoop mode it's wide enough to still cover the rangers tire tracks. I use scoop mode quite a bit as I don't like piling snow next to the driveway in case the wind really blows and the drifts start catching snow. It's also really tall so I added sand bags to box so it can really push the snow. Lightweight plows will ride up and over packed snow while this plow has enough weight to bust through it (not sure on actual weight but Boss website probably has it listed)Upgrading the spring cost me 150 bucks. I paid around 2700 bucks and installed the thing myself. Oh my driveway is concrete I have no experience with this plow on gravel but I would be serious concerned about causing frame or other damage hitting frozen ruts or rocks.

I'll be using it out on the farm on the gravel and the little bit of concrete we have in front of the shop and garage. Don't really want to tweak the frame.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have glacier and really like it but I live in mn and don't have the wind blowing a 100 mph like it does in ND. Have a buddy with the boss v and it's awesome but yes it's very heavy. They also make some nice looking blowers but price tag is nuts.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0044.JPG

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 257
  • This month: 217
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 100