Spent the afternoon behind a snowblower

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two neighbors and myself had our walk behind snowblowers out and got about 2/3rds of our street and driveways blown clear today. We had helping hands with shovels breaking up the snowdrifts in front of the snowblowers to make it a little easier. I personally went through 3 tanks of gas and was at it for 4 hours. We won't see the snowplows out here in this subdivision for at least 4 days so we have to help ourselves get the streets open so we can get to work.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Adda boy. A lead shoveler would have been nice. I went through a tank and a half today over about 5 hours.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent 5 hours on my 4 wheeler pushing snow... Between my driveway, my little old neighbor ladies driveway and the little bit i went and helped with up town at the hardware store, it was a long day. My new winter gear worked damn well keeping me warm the whole day.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got my driveway done in probably 3.5 hours. The other time was spent on the neighbors and clearing the road.

- - - Updated - - -

But you're right, my driveway is too damn long.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 tanks of gas today. My driveway, helped my neighbor with his after he broke a sheer pin, then me and another neighbor hit the street so we can get on to the main road. Now they just need to open the highway so I can go to work

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20161226_093937673.jpgthat was the first pass. Snow ranged from 16-30 inchesIMG_20161226_103613806_HDR.jpg in some spots only the top of the chute was above snow.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am feeling for u boys out west been der done that. Remember a tailgate works good for plowing snow too.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i spent bout an hour behind the blower, and another 8 in a skid steer...

wasn't easy... phone went dead bout 1/2 way through, so no pandora... it was horrible...

thinkin bout setting up a go fund me to get a new battery...

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife made to north Wallie from Lincoln. Streets are mostly ice covered and one lane.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
snow totals.jpg Wow I remember the top 8 .

Hey Prairie Ghost what was it like living through # 9 & 10

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been telling my bride the last few weeks that i sure miss our Bobcat that we had on the farm. Had a bucket, snow pusher, and snowblower for it. Man i could have really helped people in our sub-division with that. What a blooming mess we have up here.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent about 3 hours total, on a 5 wide driveway with my 25 year old 8 hp blower. Took about 2 hours to do everything, then another hour to clear the huge berm the street crew left in front of the driveway.
The worst of the entire deal was when I ran out of gas just finishing up the sidewalk, and when I turned to walk back up to the house I stepped on ice and my entire 250lb self fell right on my one knee. Somabitch that was about the worst pain I have felt, until about 6 hours later and the pain for some reason moved to the back of my leg. I can hardly bend my knee.

DirtyMike, is it more than a bruise? Did I maybe eff up some tendons, ligaments, acl, etc.?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent a full 6 hrs on the tractor and behind the snowblower to clear my 200 yds of driveway. I'm quickly running out of places to put the stuff. If I ever catch the SOB that is putting the geo-engineered storms this far north of the Cannonball...well, I'm gonna yell at him.

note: I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and be a gentler, kinder, kind of a-hole.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent a full 6 hrs on the tractor and behind the snowblower to clear my 200 yds of driveway. I'm quickly running out of places to put the stuff. If I ever catch the SOB that is putting the geo-engineered storms this far north of the Cannonball...well, I'm gonna yell at him.

note: I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and be a gentler, kinder, kind of a-hole.

SUUUUURRREEEE you are...

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent about 3 hours total, on a 5 wide driveway with my 25 year old 8 hp blower. Took about 2 hours to do everything, then another hour to clear the huge berm the street crew left in front of the driveway.
The worst of the entire deal was when I ran out of gas just finishing up the sidewalk, and when I turned to walk back up to the house I stepped on ice and my entire 250lb self fell right on my one knee. Somabitch that was about the worst pain I have felt, until about 6 hours later and the pain for some reason moved to the back of my leg. I can hardly bend my knee.

DirtyMike, is it more than a bruise? Did I maybe eff up some tendons, ligaments, acl, etc.?

youre good

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember those big years --- but i was thinking bis-man had nothing back in those days compared to fargo --- but just remember the rest of the winter another 60 inches to go to get to those levels at the end of the year 08 and 97. -- you think you dont have anywhere to put it - wait it will probably be worse. I see the 14day outlook looks marginal for precip -- however temps are going to plummet big time.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spent about three hrs so far on the driveway. Got about half done. Not sure if I'll head out yet today again or if I'll wait until tomorrow....if the plow doesn't show up nobody is going anywhere on our street anyway.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56