tailrace area

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading down camping with the inlaws this weekend. Ive heard fishing is decent on east end of the lake right now but havent heard anything about the tailrace, has anybody gotten any reports or been down there lately? anything at all biting in the chutes to the honeyhole. Thank you guys

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing super recent. Was up there a week and a half ago. Lots of smelt coming thru, but no fish for me. Stopped up at the wing walls and tried to "spotlight" a few. I didn't even see one set of eyes in all three chutes. Saw one carp swimming around. It was the dead sea. I really hope it picks up, but I found it very disconcerting that I didn't see even one walleye at the wing walls.

gripnrip

Founding Member
Founding Member
hope you're not planning on going to Wolf Creek I just pulled in a half an hour ago with a 25 foot camper and a 18' aluminum boatbehind my three quarter ton pickupand that road is ugly. it is soft from the highway to the cabins. I was planning on staying out until Monday but I'm thinking I might leave Sunday if we get too much rain I don't know if I'll get out of here.

- - - Updated - - -

but I guess being trapped at the lake is better than being trapped at work

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are at state park. I sure wouldn't mind being trapped at lake. Happy fishing

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93