Tatonka dust

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
This might be a dumb question. Why does tatonka dust turn into the consistency of a parking lot after it sits awhile. What can I do to prevent this?? Why must life be so difficult??

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually just slammed it on the counter a couple times before application. Not sure why but there was a thread on this a while ago. Not sure if all us geniuses figured it out.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I slammed it, and took a fork to it. To no avail. Put it in a bowl to break it up, that turned out badly. Next is a needle scaler.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder if ya toss some uncooked rice in there big enough to NOT come out of the openings when the spice is sprinkled on the goods. Rice would absorb the moisture and could be rotated out for new rice if/when needed. ????

Tritonman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder if ya toss some uncooked rice in there big enough to NOT come out of the openings when the spice is sprinkled on the goods. Rice would absorb the moisture and could be rotated out for new rice if/when needed. ????

I think think if you store it in a freezer you will be ok. I know that is what I have to do with the prime rib rub I use. Maybe try the fridge. Either way it's absorbing water.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love the stuff but you would think if we can put a man on the moon we could keep Tatonka Dust from clumping.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
mines in the fridge. never an issue. but when left out you can build body armor plates that will stop a 308 at close range

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep my candy bars in the freezer too, I like frozen hundred grand bars.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
seriously?
Fridge keeps humidity off it. I keep my house fairly humid as I have a little girl with breathing issues. so my dust turns to concrete fairly quick. but if it does a spice grinder brings it back. Just easier to keep it in the fridge

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use an airtight shaker and it's not a problem. The bulk stuff I keep vacuum sealed. I guess I would rather have to deal with sealing it up rather than have some cancer causing anti-caking agent mixed with it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3