ANuS Inspections

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last year I had a clipboard warrior doing a creel survey on a prairie lake. She was very cordial.

Last week on a different lake there was a clipboard warrior in a state vehicle parked by the ramp. I have no clue what they were doing as they were parked there for about an hour before I came to the boat ramp. They didn't bother to roll down the window or open there door, let alone to talk to me or check my boat.

I think it pissed me off more that they blatantly ignored my presence.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
you would think they would be in dvl with all the mn and Wisconsin boats here.
They are more concerned with making sure people have enough life jackets and proper lighting on wood lake to worry about any out of staters committing ans or game violations on devils lake

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When is G&F gonna get their shit together and raise the price(even $50- $100) for non resident fishing licenses ? Their still going to buy regardless and ND should be taking advantage of it for ramp enhancement or whatever. Springtime, they are here in droves because their season is not open yet. Their slot limits cuts into their takes home limits, so they come here and mop up regardless of the size of fish big or small.
Most bodies of water around are saturated with out of state plates. We are a minority in our own state. :mad:
You must not go out of state for hunting, fishing or medical reasons.

It always a nonresident issue.

Nonresident's can bring there kids to Mn deer hunting and it cost the same as residents. Now if the tables were turned and Mn resident could bring there kids to N.D. and deer hunt in the youth season, there would be a up roar.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are more concerned with making sure people have enough life jackets and proper lighting on wood lake to worry about any out of staters committing ans or game violations on devils lake
I think they literally get USCG $$$$/funding for each life preserver violation (or achieving a quota).

This is according to a MN DNR who checked my boat very thoroughly like a good soldier - didn't even check the live-well. Wrote me a warning for not having my throwable out/ready. 😒

Also... ANuS?! Ha ha ha. Good one.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Nonresident's can bring there kids to Mn deer hunting and it cost the same as residents. Now if the tables were turned and Mn resident could bring there kids to N.D. and deer hunt in the youth season, there would be a up roar.
Can't imagine there are alot of non residents wanting to go to MN to deer hunt.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
Just did a trip to flathead lake montana a month ago and i was shocked all the mandatory pull over stations that we passed along the interstate checking any and all boats, kayaks, rafts etc..

Walleye Slayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost every weekend we go through one at Oahe Dam in Pierre. Annoying, but what do you do? Ours are Mandatory; the CO will find you if you don't stop.

I have heard from multiple people that there is a noticeable amount of Zebra muscles in Lake Oahe in South Dakota this year. I haven't seen any myself.
They are Headed north, Guaranteed.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost every weekend we go through one at Oahe Dam in Pierre. Annoying, but what do you do? Ours are Mandatory; the CO will find you if you don't stop.

I have heard from multiple people that there is a noticeable amount of Zebra muscles in Lake Oahe in South Dakota this year. I haven't seen any myself.
They are Headed north, Guaranteed.
They have never had a check at any of the ramps in Mobridge

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My .02 ---

a. I have a place on a zebra lake --- they primarily like rock and sand areas of the lake. They stick on my boat lift somewhat. They are in the process of clearing up the lake.

b. Man's biggest culprit to spreading zebras at the current time is 100% wake boats. After being up on DL next to the ramp and watching 1000XXXX boats from WI and MN going into the water i do not believe that fishermen are part of the spread. I think Jet Skiis are part of the problem tooo :rolleyes:

c. This is a good one --- how does one explain to the zebra DNR woman at the launch that yes my live wells are open and dry, however my boat is wet and i just came from a zebra lake to another zebra lake (lakes are about 50 ft away from each other). What good does it do to go and wash it in between?

d. Zebras and bottom bouncers. Not fun ---- the NDA bottom bouncer haters woiuld luv it.

e. i may have to try those basters and boil em up and make some clam chowder. The smally in my lake say they are tasty.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just made a trip to MT (from ND) and I had to:
1. Pay an extra $7.50 for my fishing license for AIS Prevention pass.
2. Buy a $30 AIS Boat pass.
3. Stop at a watercraft inspection site on my way into the state somewhere. This was free but you had to make sure you found one on your route and that was open when you were passing through. They tagged our boat in case we were checked.
4. Clipboard lady asked us at the ramp if we had our pass 1 of the 2 days we launched.

So 1 and 2 appear to be taxes to fund their workers for 3 and 4. I think 3 is probably the way to go to "slow" the spread. I think prevention is impossible. We asked them if we had to do anything else after 3 and they said "nope, you're here and clean so you are good to go".
WY is similar. They’ll slow the spread far more than the band aid actions ND or SD are doing. Will it matter? Probably not. I have zero issue paying the fees for it if they’re doing a good job with mandatory inspections.

Oahe has to have them. No way it doesn’t with Sharpe and Francis Case having them. Too many boats fish all those bodies of water.

Freedom

★★ Legendary Member
Stopped and chatted with the warden leaving Kraft one day, he checked the boat because I stopped. He was more worried about harassing folks violating the lakes idle only law. Next time I'll give him a hard time about how I'm to dry my boat if it's raining.

I'm willing to tolerate the voluntary checks but checkpoints seem like a 4th amendment issue imo. Obviously some judge has decided they're constitutional but it definitely falls in the grey area. Some states don't even allow DUI checkpoints.

The hate for fellow Americans and freedom in this thread is saddening

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

$60 is all they charge for a fishing license. For god sakes its asinine to not jump on this a bit for pulling a resource out of the state ( and you know they do) There wouldn't be a single one of them that would blink an eye paying $100.
And sorry, Mn. would be the last on my bucket list for places to deer hunt.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boats need to be checked at the border or before they are launched from out of state. PERIOD. If they are really serious about stopping or slowing the spread they sure haven’t shown to care. Most western states now require it and have found many boats coming into the state with AIS in them. It’s not that hard to implement, and fairly inexpensive. NDGF needs to do their job

And it sure is nice to only pay $50 for a fishing license!

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stopped and chatted with the warden leaving Kraft one day, he checked the boat because I stopped. He was more worried about harassing folks violating the lakes idle only law. Next time I'll give him a hard time about how I'm to dry my boat if it's raining.

I'm willing to tolerate the voluntary checks but checkpoints seem like a 4th amendment issue imo. Obviously some judge has decided they're constitutional but it definitely falls in the grey area. Some states don't even allow DUI checkpoints.

The hate for fellow Americans and freedom in this thread is saddening
So are check points for commercial trucks unconstitutional too? If you are pulling a boat into a state that checks , follow the rules otherwise you will pay the fine!

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve been checked twice this year in different places. Both volunteers, an older guy from a wildlife club and a kid from NDSU. I’d rather see checkpoints along the major travel routes as well but that probably would require an increased budget. I recall seeing pics of some infested boats they’ve stopped in the past so it’s not all bad. But, this just wouldn’t be NDA if nobody spun how a simple livewell check is akin to liberals lining their pockets and sneaking immigrants across the border.

Also, you want a lib in conservative clothing look no further than Daryl Lies. Loves big government and big Ag but does a great job sounding like he’s one of us.
He says he doesn’t take any money from the feds for crop insurance. I will give him credit for not relying on the government. Otherwise he is the biggest enemy to the sportsmen and outdoorsmen of ND. None of his policies he likes to push are good for the public. Hardly ever listen to 550 anymore because of it

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
The guy on 550 radio using techniques to move government agencies in a desired direction.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
His woody wood pecker laugh, and mostly at his own shitty jokes drives me insane.

I struggle listening to 550 anymore

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88