The American Crow

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
And just about the time the crosshairs settle and you're beginning to squeeze thinking: "This time I have a chance......" The summbitch flies away.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Crows have helped me find more than a few deer in my tracking days. The "Original" drone you might say.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
They make awesome pets. They are smart as hell and learn extremely fast.

bilbo

Honored Member
They are very smart birds.

I used to work at a cemetery and my boss told me of his 'pet' crow. There was a guy smashing at the ground with a weedwacker and he went to see what's going on. There was a crow the guy was trying to kill with the weedwacker. He nursed it back to health and it ended up hanging around the shop. Apparently it would follow him around when he was mowing and doing other stuff around the cemetery.

Also saw a story about a little girl that bonded with one and it would bring shiny things as gifts to her doorstep.

There are videos online of Fable the Raven (close relative to the crow) from the UK. She talks and for the most part seems to act a lot like a pet parrot.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a crow friend in Ga on Mission Lake. Could tap the picnic table as for a dog and it would appear seemingly from nowhere. Used to make sure I had enough food to get it full. My shifts greatly varied and time in Ga was always fleeting(constant TDY).

For six years I had company for lunch if I smacked the table. Don't know if it was the same bird but had companionship if I wanted.

Recently informed Dad shared his lunch with a crow at the limestone quarry. Bird used to shadow his end-loader and grader.

I'm descent with a crow call and am pondering a project to share with my niece who's destined for greatness with wildlife. Every rock this girl sees WILL be turned over. She spent half a day trying to get a chipmunk in a Mason jar. :)

Wish me luck!

That is all.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^Wonder if above gal has ever witnessed what happens to an injured member in a flock?...

images

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82