The Trespass Committee

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elk Prime Rib 3 pounds

Season it with lots of pepper and your special spice.

Heat turkey fryer to 375 and put it in for perhaps 10 minutes. Hot oil seals in the juices. Probe the inside should be 150 to 155.

Let it rest for ten minutes. It's still cooking to the center. If you cut it too soon that steam rising is the moisture. Causing it to dry out.

I like my steak served hot so I heat eight inch skillets and serve on there with mushrooms onions etc.

I'm having fun too. ;)

150-155 internal temp? You might as well be buying and frying old dry nanny-goat on discount day in the sale barn. PHOOEY!!!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
BACKSTABBING DUO.jpg

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Elk Prime Rib 3 pounds

Season it with lots of pepper and your special spice.

Heat turkey fryer to 375 and put it in for perhaps 10 minutes. Hot oil seals in the juices. Probe the inside should be 150 to 155.

Let it rest for ten minutes. It's still cooking to the center. If you cut it too soon that steam rising is the moisture. Causing it to dry out.

I like my steak served hot so I heat eight inch skillets and serve on there with mushrooms onions etc.

I'm having fun too. ;)

will this work with free ranging animals or just caged animals

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The guy eats his elk roasts well done. That explains a lot.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone gets an F. At 150 it is very pink inside.

Obi, it works for beef and buffalo too. Called fondue.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone gets an F. At 150 it is very pink inside.

Obi, it works for beef and buffalo too. Called fondue.

Elk roast grilled over lump charcoal and Pulled @ 120:

F93AE139-1E5C-4075-B1A4-A907A4082C2E.jpg

DC0DDE76-4735-4FCD-B146-6BBDF678CD95.jpg

Fritz, we’re well beyond The Great Depression, no need to “cook it to death” anymore.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks good SDMF. That is a very circular piece of meat. Cooks evenly. A sirloin tip can taper to a smaller end which gets done faster. So what you end with is done, medium and rare.

At wild game feeds I ask people their preference. They'll fool a guy. Women 20 to 50 will ask for the most rare piece.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Antelope backstrap.
Liberally seasoned with tatonka dust. Seared in cast iron skillet finished In oven.
Didn’t. Check the temp just pulled em out when it felt right. Pink in the middle maybe a touch over done but not bad for the Mrs who cooked supper tonight. Beer can chicken last night washed down with coors light. French dips with the wife’s archery doe on Monday night.....let’s just say I’m eating well.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the run on the grocery stores continued for a long time poaching will be a daily activity no trespassing signs be damned.

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Elk roast grilled over lump charcoal and Pulled @ 120:

IMG_20220602_164515159_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220602_071535636_HDR.jpg

Fritz, we’re well beyond The Great Depression, no need to “cook it to death” anymore.

Damn that looks good! I have a couple elk roasts in my freezer from a wild, free ranging Colorado elk. I'm gonna have to thaw one out and grill it in the next few days.

- - - Updated - - -

Elk burger is thawing in the fridge now. The plan is to grill some elk burgers and some fresh veggies for tomorrow.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like a tasty muffin ......
And if ate right, without adding any chocolate, strawberries, bananas, whipped cream etc.... there is no calories. Actually just the opposite, it tends to lead to the loss of calories. :;:cheers Stars and stripes forever.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fritz I’d like to give you the benefit of a doubt, but you’ve tried to goad me with disingenuous dialogue in the past. Then piece together a narrative based on a fraction of my answers. And it didn’t work, because I knew what you were doing. I’d have a lot more respect for you if you were just up front with your positions.

bravo, my position has not changed. I support the APP. The committee has scrapped the green yellow red, other boxes for species and has come up with a novel idea. Green red with a "comment box" where a landowner can write down his/her wishes.

Mine would be simple.

No. 1 You have permission to take predators on the spot.
No. 2 You have permission to harvest all the deer you have licenses for.
No. 3 Please don't hunt the game birds as I am a wing shooter and hunt too.

So....if you are driving and spot a deer or coyote, PIN your location, the APP will automatically bring up your location with adjacent land. Check for green or red and read the comments. Done. Go hunt.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the run on the grocery stores continued for a long time poaching will be a daily activity no trespassing signs be damned.

what fucking world do you live in? If it would come to that why wouldnt you shoot a cow lot more meat

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
the grocery store runs? Its dumb shit like that getting the idiots who believe it to go out and buy every thing
Kurt the idiots are already doing that. I assume that's why eyexer said IF it continues. There would be a lot less arguing on here if everyone read more carefully. That last part is aimed at us all Kurt I'm not trying to pick on you.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
the grocery store runs? Its dumb shit like that getting the idiots who believe it to go out and buy every thing
holy fuck lighten up Francis lol. I buy half a beef from a rancher every year in nov.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33