Time to fire up the snowblowers?

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not a weatherman, I just play one on the internet sometimes.

...SNOW...SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS NORTHWEST
AND NORTH CENTRAL NORTH DAKOTA TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY...

A STORM SYSTEM IS FORECAST TO IMPACT WESTERN AND CENTRAL NORTH
DAKOTA TUESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY. THIS STORM MAY RESULT IN THE FIRST
ACCUMULATING SNOW OF THE SEASON FOR PORTIONS OF NORTH DAKOTA. AT
THIS TIME...NORTHWEST NORTH DAKOTA IS MOST FAVORED TO BE IMPACTED
BY ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL. DURING THE TRANSITION FROM RAIN TO SNOW
TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY...PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET
ARE POSSIBLE.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That reminds me, I picked up this monster snowblower early this summer. Somebody just gave it to me, I don't even remember what kind it is. She's big, old, and orange. Looks like a snow eating machine spose I better go dig er out.

A quick look on the interwebs says it's an lol ariens. Hmmm

It appears I have now unknowingly joined a cult

http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/ariens/page5.html

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey I had one just like it mine was called a snow king 8hp three stage. I had to engage the lever on the right side for it to blow snow which was awesome because it was like driving a car had to press the handle to release the clutch that way you could change the direction of the chute with one hand and the other to engage auger.
husky_9.jpg
amf3.jpg

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always starts here in the NW part of the state...thats bull honkey man...Im hoping it passes...I'm heading out thursday to my hunting grounds seems like the weather always screws with opening deer season....lol

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a mid 90's snoflite 10/26 with electric start for 50$ off of Craigslist in Moorhead, the gentleman ran over a local phone book. It bent one of the fins on the auger that blows snow out the chute. Straightened out the bent fin and started right up. I needed to put a carb kit, snow chains, and clutch plate to make it a solid machine again. MTD snoflite is heavy but the 10 hp can really blow some snow. I have not needed to use it much these last few years and when i do the chute has to be pointed way down so not throw up rocks. I like to blow snow off the neighbors sidewalks for them, it is good excersises.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are few things in life I enjoy as much as hunting deer in the snow.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
That reminds me, I picked up this monster snowblower early this summer. Somebody just gave it to me, I don't even remember what kind it is. She's big, old, and orange. Looks like a snow eating machine spose I better go dig er out.

A quick look on the interwebs says it's an lol ariens. Hmmm

It appears I have now unknowingly joined a cult

http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/ariens/page5.html

I had one of those too! Until my father in law broke the gears out of it by beating the shit out of it trying to go through a 7' drift at the lake. He kept on lifting up the back end and slamming it down on the ground to try to get traction. 3 drops in and it breaks. I watched the entire ordeal from afar. Then he drags it back to the shed and says "this thing is a piece of shit!". "It just broke!" I unleashed on him and told him that I was watching the entire thing. I had that snowblower given to me by a good friend and I used it for 3 years without any problems. It blew more snow farther than any of the new ones. Damn I miss that ol girl. That was the last time my father in law used any of my equipment.
;:;rant over...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
those 3-stage cub cadets looks awesome. Price tag...not so much. I was hoping not to have to use the one I bought from love2hunt this year, or ever. However, I think it'll get used quite frequently this year.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had one of those too! Until my father in law broke the gears out of it by beating the shit out of it trying to go through a 7' drift at the lake. He kept on lifting up the back end and slamming it down on the ground to try to get traction. 3 drops in and it breaks. I watched the entire ordeal from afar. Then he drags it back to the shed and says "this thing is a piece of shit!". "It just broke!" I unleashed on him and told him that I was watching the entire thing. I had that snowblower given to me by a good friend and I used it for 3 years without any problems. It blew more snow farther than any of the new ones. Damn I miss that ol girl. That was the last time my father in law used any of my equipment.
;:;rant over...

Wow, reaming the father in law! Bold move Cotton. How many years until you got laid again?

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, reaming the father in law! Bold move Cotton. How many years until you got laid again?

Huh? I believe what your saying is that my father in law dictates upon when I get to have sexual relations? If you have/had a daughter, would you ask her details about her sex life? Tell her when she can and cannot have sexual relations?

Kinda weird worm...

Oh,
I get the joke now...

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Huh? I believe what your saying is that my father in law dictates upon when I get to have sexual relations? If you have/had a daughter, would you ask her details about her sex life? Tell her when she can and cannot have sexual relations?

Kinda weird worm...

in most marriages it's the wife who decides - what worm almost certainly meant is that wifey might be mad at you (defensive about you getting on dad's case)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha tommy boy was getting gross with it.
Mrs johnr isn't tight with the maritals like some crazy wives. It has never been an issue.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
No problem, I have a thick skin, that cum dumpster guy is going have to do more than threaten poo in the nose to make me flinch.

Last edited:

MT11

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have my two stage blower but lastimage.jpgimage.jpg year I switched it up a bit

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess you will have to find out for yourself why they called the dual auger a three stage. :;:rockit

I guess that's the difference between home owner walk behinds and the rest of the pack, must be a selling point to add an extra auger to a walk behind and call it a 3 stage. I am used to the big boy toys I guess.

Stage 1 - no matter how many augers it has it transfers snow to the center stage 2 to be flung into the neighbors yard which may lead to stage 3 lol............:;:duel

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51