Trail Cams Recommendations

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like Moultrie A series cams. Will be running about 10 of them this summer/fall. Easy to setup, affordable, good quality pics

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a couple browning spec ops in my fleet. Have been real impressed with them so far. Have heard that stealth cam cams are a good bang for a cheaper buck as well.

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dick's had the Primos Truth 2 cams with a nice rebate. I paid $30 each (after rebate) and they are nice so far.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wouldn't buy anything stealth cam or WGI Wildgame Innovations.

On that website, check into that Cuddeback, might be the best deal there. IMO Cudde has the highest picture quality. But some models are spotty on reliability.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
I like my Moultrie cams, have one browning one and not impressed with it. I also had some old bushnell ones that I really like, but downfall to them was they used "c" batteries and it seemed to eat them quickly.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been having theft problems with my trail cameras. Anyone have any recommendations to deter thieves other than lock box or camouflaging the camera? Have considered buying a broken camera on ebay and hiding a gps tracker inside it. Any recommendations for a cheap gps tracker that would work?

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been having theft problems with my trail cameras. Anyone have any recommendations to deter thieves other than lock box or camouflaging the camera? Have considered buying a broken camera on ebay and hiding a gps tracker inside it. Any recommendations for a cheap gps tracker that would work?

I have looked into this and have not found anything that would actually be accurate enough to pinpoint an exact location where it is. I honestly just thought about buying a dummy camera and filling it with fecal matter and other excrement and putting a little lock on the part that opens the camera, that way they take it home and open it at home and hopefully spill it on their floor. Thought also about doing this with a little spring loaded mechanism that ejects the excrement on them. Nothing pisses me off more than a trail cam thief!

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also have a problem spot with people stealing/tampering (running 18 cameras now on MN public land, 19 after this weekend). One disappeared so I put up another with cable lock on it - now I have video of the same kid every sunday coming by and messing with my cam (turning it around, trying to take it off, etc).

I would normally move the camera but I think I know who it is and really want to call him out. Plus I don't want his bad behavior to be rewarded. This spot also has a lot of great pics - bobcats, bears with cubs, deer, turkeys).

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've had the best luck with moultires. have a few stealth and 1 other one (don't recall the name but it leaks like a sob and was expensive)... stealth's seem to randomly start taking pictures and not stop until the battery dies (about 12 hours of non stop pictures)... I have friends that love their cuddybacks, their pictures have been just as good as my moultrie though, that's what I will be running this year, plan is 4 moultries

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run Moutrie and Wild Game Innovations; both are good cameras. I just bought a cheap tasco from wal-mart to place in a spot it might get stolen. If it does, oh well. If it doesn't we will see how it works.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been pretty religious the last 3 years running nearly all Coverts. All cameras are still going strong 3 years later. I'm running 10-12 of these this year so far. I ordered a bunch of Moultrie A20i off of ebay for $51 each with free shipping. So far they seem to be doing well. We will see how they like the colder weather this fall and winter. Have a few random older Wildgame innovations that still function and stay closer to home. Every few years it seems each company gets ahead of the game for quality, and then for a year or two they fall off the face of the earth and make garbage. Buy 3-4 different brands and run them for a season. See which one functions the best for your application and make your decision based on how they perform.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88