Ultimate Squid Bait?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

Don't get too excited by the colors as it's filmed under a black light. As posted before the only visible "colors" at depth are black, white and luminescent. The action leads me to believe it's a multi-species application lure: My PB rainbow was off the Blocks on the largest manufactured Jointed Rapala behind wire on a rare November day. Being from the Hills it was a "monster" to me and still get a thrill thinking about this trout attacking this lure about 5yds away from my toes. It was a female spilling eggs and I grossed out the boy by eating one. It had no taste:

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member

Also FWIW: I've used various color Sharpies to "paint" over luminescent grubs and a couple Testor's painted Shallow ShadRaps: On the plugs I did the best I could with sandpaper, plugging, dipping, drying: Sharpie "artwork" on top of the first dry level of clear coat with intention to spruce up as necessary: IME; if the paint is decorated before the first coat of clear--you'll get "black holes".

Plastic grubs, etc; are easily colored with these markers and glow in the intended color.

"Decorating" the first coat of clear should result in true color at any depth. Oddly (to me) I've had best results with these "artistic" presentations on sunny days below the Darling Dam with walleye.

Nighttime excursions from the Tailrace bank have proved mostly unsuccessful (?!!!) with these glowing lures. I'm still holding on to the belief this could be untapped "amazing". On another note I wonder if true color/light at depth tends to spook fish.

I wish "Dirty Mike" and "MSA" would post more.

That is all.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't looked into it but wouldn't be surprised at exorbitant cost per bait. I don't know if they'd have any advantage trolled at 200ft.

I will say from my heart I believe this is a multi-species "big fish" bait and would be a killer addition to jerkbaits from the surf: Texas rigged fresh or salt.

That is all:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67