Shippy99

Founding Member
Founding Member

Attachments

image.jpg

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
may not be fake kdm. I have read that the pedicle has been grafted to different areas of the body and some form of an antler formed at that location.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
bckhntr, mom nature has a way of making an exception to every rule, but to have a perfectly round pedicle that completely covers the top of a deer's head and then to grow an above average spike antler from said pedicle is just a bit far fetched. I would love to see such a deer as I very much appreciate uniqueness. My uncle took a spike deer with his bow that had a normal spike on one side and the other spike grew right down his cheek. We named him "Up-Down" so I don't completely discount the possibility this deer exists. However, my eyes aren't good enough to discern live from memorex when it comes to pics. Cool Vid!! Thanks for sharing!!!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The deer is real from what have seen. If I remember correctly its a roe deer out of eastern Europe. If you look I think there is a pic of it as a euro mount.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this the one you are thinking of Dean? looks very similar to the above pic.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/11/141112-unicorn-deer-slovenia-antlers-science-animals/

- - - Updated - - -

bckhntr, mom nature has a way of making an exception to every rule, but to have a perfectly round pedicle that completely covers the top of a deer's head and then to grow an above average spike antler from said pedicle is just a bit far fetched. I would love to see such a deer as I very much appreciate uniqueness. My uncle took a spike deer with his bow that had a normal spike on one side and the other spike grew right down his cheek. We named him "Up-Down" so I don't completely discount the possibility this deer exists. However, my eyes aren't good enough to discern live from memorex when it comes to pics. Cool Vid!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Mom Nature is neat! But yeah, there are many people that are really good with photoshop too.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, put another check mark in the "I was wrong" column. Looks like the exact same critter. Very Cool Deer!!!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4