Upland bird vest?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sadly my updated vest purchase a couple years back has a bunch of orange on it. Feel like such an eastern queer wearing it, but it has helped me carry my dog shocker remote deal, hate wearing shit around my neck.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't have a specific brand or model but things that are important to me are 1) front loading bird compartment, 2) pockets but not excessive. 3) Shell holder but no need for a full box, 10-12 should be plenty for most walks. 4) a reasonable amount of water, depending on how long your walk is going to be.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i never understood it when i was young. but, as i get older, i think orange (or some other bright color) definitely serves a purpose. a fella should have some on whether its a hat or a vest or both when in the field with others in my opinion. f i am swinging or shouldering a gun and there is orange in my field of vision, the abundance of caution light is instantly triggered. it just grabs a persons attention much better than someone wearing brown or camo.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
The Browning Strap Bird Lite is my go to - bought one for the Mrs. and she loves it. It will hold two water bottles and has a place for the dog controller.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally i hate carrying anything but 5-6 shells in each side of my vest for longer walks. But i do..always clip on my camo fanny pack..its not one of those fancy dancy tourist looking paks that holds a camera and a years worth of film or whatever. In my pak i have a 20 oz bottle of water which has some raw honey mixed in with it to give my dog any xtra sugar/ energy. I also have a gauze pad and tape,little container of hydrogen peroxide, plastic gloves in fanny. I dont wear it in front of me like a tourist looking for a photo shoot but rather i swing it around so it is riding on my arse. On either side of me on my waist is a leather man and 7" cable cutters. Comes in handy if doggie gets into a porky or worse yet, a trap. Been there done that with the porky and the leather man , needle nose came in handy out in the field removing quills. To hell with what vest we are wearing, we need to be prepared for our doggies!!!

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my regular Browning one. I have had a few where the shells fell out of the pockets when I bent over. The Browning doesn't do that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74