Vacuum sealers and bags

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a cheap sealer, the best bags I have found are the ziplocs. Buy em at menards, sometimes they have rebates for them, other times just buy them with the 11% rebates. I only use the bigger size, cut them a little big, usually can pull on the ends of the unsealed end and the bag kind of folds together, hard to explain but it works. After that its just a matter of telling the 2.5yr old to press the green button.

eliminator

Honored Member
I get the bags online and find them very much cheaper than in stores. Also only buy from sites offering free shipping. Have not had any problems with them at all. Usually buy in larger quantities like 200 at a time

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Foodsaver bags are also on sale at Sam's Club for $5/roll when you buy their combo box(2-11, 4-8, +some bags)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ocasio-Cortez is kinda hot. Bet she can’t run a vacuum sealer either

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guess we should have all bought Vacmasters when this thread was started. Now, due to the China tariff crap half the models have either been discontinued or have seen ~$200 price increases. Bastards

- - - Updated - - -

No, but you should try it, and put it through the ringer, and let us know how it goes. you can even lend it out to me if you want.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I chickened out on the cheap ebay chamber sealer and ended up with this one. Price dropped from 350 to 250 so I couldnt pass it up

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ar...aging-machine-with-12-seal-bar/120VMA350.html

Make sure you file a report on how it works for you. I use a Foodsaver, Their one that is priced a little over the $200 range. Works good for me, my only complaint is that after packing about 20# of sausage it overheats and goes on rest mode. Not the end of the world as it also gives me a rest. Just wished it would do the full 25-30# batch.

This year I found some rolls that were the 11" rolls but were perforated in the middle to tear apart and have 2 bags. Don't know how long they have been available but first I've seen them was this year. Perfect for packaging Summer Sausage. Make 2 bags in the same amount of time as 1. Tried packaging and sealing 2 at once. More trouble than it was worth.

Glass

★★★ Legendary Member
Make sure you file a report on how it works for you. I use a Foodsaver, Their one that is priced a little over the $200 range. Works good for me, my only complaint is that after packing about 20# of sausage it overheats and goes on rest mode. Not the end of the world as it also gives me a rest. Just wished it would do the full 25-30# batch.

This year I found some rolls that were the 11" rolls but were perforated in the middle to tear apart and have 2 bags. Don't know how long they have been available but first I've seen them was this year. Perfect for packaging Summer Sausage. Make 2 bags in the same amount of time as 1. Tried packaging and sealing 2 at once. More trouble than it was worth.

I will do that. We are making about 3-400 lbs of sausage on Feb 16th. It will be put through the ringer then!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88