Valley City/Jamestown area ice conditions?

Hawgeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for some walk-on ice for a little fishing tomorrow. Has anyone been out and how much ice? Thanks!

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you get snow on Saturday night/Sunday morning? We got about 5 inch in Fargo/Moorhead area. Will be slow making ice with that much snow on the ice.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! We have a layer of that light fluffy stuff. Haven't drilled a single hole yet, but I went pheasant hunting and the ice in the cat tails...SUCKS!! Be safe out there guys. I fell through the ice to many times to count.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep!! We have a layer of that light fluffy stuff. Haven't drilled a single hole yet, but I went pheasant hunting and the ice in the cat tails...SUCKS!! Be safe out there guys. I fell through the ice to many times to count.

dangit ;:;banghead

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't been out yet either and not liking this snow stuff after the good start of ice forming. We had about 4" snow yesterday at our house.

Hawgeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went out today on Fox Lake. After drilling a few holes, I didn't want to venture too far, as although the ice was 11" deep, it was a milky slush nearly all the way through. Not good hard clear ice. Rough frazzle on many areas too, so pulling my sled through snow drifts and over that crap was a bit of a workout. Driving on the ice this year on lakes like Fox will not be very safe. I can only imagine that many other lakes in the area will be similar. I guess I never felt unsafe walking today...just not excited about motorized travel later on....not to mention....graphed fish but couldn't get any to go. Be safe!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49