What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Veterans Day
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="db-2" data-source="post: 353879" data-attributes="member: 4743"><p>As I grew older and look back at my life and the various thing that have happen, I think about my 22 months in artillery and my time in nam.</p><p></p><p>In 1968 I was 21 and just finish college. Not sure how the draft board knew I was getting done with college, but they told me to report for my physical in May of that year.</p><p></p><p>Ma asked me to go back to school and get the 2s status back to avoid the draft.</p><p>Went to enroll but as I sat waiting for the person to enroll me, I decide I had enough of school. Went to the draft board and asked why they had not told me to report for service. He said if I want, I will get a letter next week.</p><p></p><p>I know if I did what ma wanted I never would of went. However, that time in the service was one of my greatest moments in my life. Never would of happen without the draft. Yes, i was a part of death and as an in-mature 22-year-old seen things that shaped my life forever. It was all positive for the most part and now people say thank you to me because I served. </p><p></p><p>I say thanks to this country for giving me that opportunity. db</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="db-2, post: 353879, member: 4743"] As I grew older and look back at my life and the various thing that have happen, I think about my 22 months in artillery and my time in nam. In 1968 I was 21 and just finish college. Not sure how the draft board knew I was getting done with college, but they told me to report for my physical in May of that year. Ma asked me to go back to school and get the 2s status back to avoid the draft. Went to enroll but as I sat waiting for the person to enroll me, I decide I had enough of school. Went to the draft board and asked why they had not told me to report for service. He said if I want, I will get a letter next week. I know if I did what ma wanted I never would of went. However, that time in the service was one of my greatest moments in my life. Never would of happen without the draft. Yes, i was a part of death and as an in-mature 22-year-old seen things that shaped my life forever. It was all positive for the most part and now people say thank you to me because I served. I say thanks to this country for giving me that opportunity. db [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: Jiffy
27 minutes ago
Food porn
Latest: tikkalover
Today at 6:34 PM
J
Metal roof or shingles?
Latest: Jm1986
Today at 6:29 PM
Generation X
Latest: KDM
Today at 6:12 PM
Howdy All!
Latest: finnpike89
Today at 6:05 PM
G
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Griz
Today at 5:58 PM
Twins
Latest: Rowdie
Today at 5:42 PM
RAY AREA
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 4:52 PM
Pine Wilt
Latest: BrokenBackJack
Today at 4:32 PM
Steak Knives?
Latest: veraledger
Today at 4:31 PM
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: RyanN
Today at 2:02 PM
Oriska Rest Area Opens
Latest: abeheron76
Today at 1:00 PM
ND adventure.
Latest: guywhofishes
Today at 12:44 PM
Facial Recognition Software &
Latest: johnr
Today at 11:36 AM
RR
Red River 9-2-26
Latest: greymantle93
Today at 11:25 AM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: Colt45
Today at 9:47 AM
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: Allen Gamble
Today at 9:39 AM
new reel for all around use?
Latest: adustymagpie
Today at 9:11 AM
from Wyoming old guy
Latest: cobalt_badger
Today at 8:09 AM
Coyote warning
Latest: Zogman
Today at 6:36 AM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: adustymagpie
Today at 4:56 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Veterans Day
Top
Bottom