Vets

I was in...

• Total voters

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just looked at the colors in the graph. I don't think Marines should be yellow. Sorry I am. The graph represents my response.

Last edited:

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just looked at the colors in the graph. I don't think Marines should be yellow. Sorry I am. The graph represents my thoughts.

I don't think the Marines should be yellow either but I didn't have any choice in the colors, sorry.

Sorry you am what?

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Army '73-76 with a stint in the ROK '75-76. friggin' rice paddy stench in July and August. meh

- - - Updated - - -

Army '73-76 with a stint in the ROK '75-76. friggin' rice paddy stench in July and August. meh

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Army national guard 13b then 13 m artilary 96-02 most action I saw was Ft. Sill and camp Ripley.

★★★★★ Legendary Member

- - - Updated - - -

You must have really loved the ROK to post that twice. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised no Coasties have showed up yet. I figured there would be a few out there.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of cool pictures and great stories and I'm sure memories that you guys wouldn't trade for anything.
After a few visits with an Army recruiter my Jr year of high school I was excited and my mind was made up, My interests and strong suits were electronics and I wanted to be a part of the AMU so bad I could taste it.
Close to the end of my Sr year of HS my recruiter sat me down and dropped a bombshell, They didn't want me, My hearing was too poor. @#%$@#*&
The next best thing was the oilfield and it got me through life, but second place always sucked in my opinion.
I keep thinking the trade off was that I got married young and raised a fine family and I am still young enough to act and play like a kid around my grand kids.

Last edited:

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did not serve, but have many family members who have. Thank you to all who have served!!

I thought I'd share my favorite picture of my grandfather in WWII. He's on the far right. I believe this was taken in Italy 1945.

IMG_0393.jpg

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Father served in the US Navy during WWII and my older brother served in the US Navy during Vietnam.

I spent 23yrs on active duty (1983-2006) with the NG. Retired and really enjoy having my weekends back again. Many workweeks were 12-19 days of work without a day off.

Worried with what kind are coming to the military these days... IMO

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND ARMY NATIONAL GUARD 1984-2014. First 20 years M-day and last 10 active AGR. Desert Strom Campaign, POW Camp Guard. Medical Discharge 2014

JCNodak

Honored Member
Army National Guard 1998-2004
North Dakota Guard then Nevada Guard. Deployed OIF 1 to many places in theater. Airport, Victory, Balad, Abu Ghraib prison, back to Balad.
51b (Carpentry/Masonry) Spent a lot of time setting things up, making things better for the door kickers, and fixing things that the door kickers messed up coming in. It was an honor and a privilege to help them out.
Many days go by when I wish I never got out. But my family was more important to me than deploying again at the time.

Ragnar

Founding Member
Founding Member
Active Duty Navy from 1985 till 2007. Navy civilian from 2007 till now. So many Sea stories that I think I could write a book.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of cool pictures and great stories and I'm sure memories that you guys wouldn't trade for anything.
After a few visits with an Army recruiter my Jr year of high school I was excited and my mind was made up, My interests and strong suits were electronics and I wanted to be a part of the AMU so bad I could taste it.
Close to the end of my Sr year of HS my recruiter sat me down and dropped a bombshell, They didn't want me, My hearing was too poor. @#%$@#*&
The next best thing was the oilfield and it got me through life, but second place always sucked in my opinion.
I keep thinking the trade off was that I got married young and raised a fine family and I am still young enough to act and play like a kid around my grand kids.

I thought I was the only one that got turned away because of my hearing. Same thing happened to me when I tried to enlist. I spent enough time in the friggen hearing test chamber during my Underwear Olympics that I am now scared of hearing tests.

k9guy82

Founding Member
Founding Member
USAF Active Duty from 2000-2013, I was a K9 handler for over half of my time. Currently with ND Air National Guard.

Best story I got: I was dispatched to a irate person trying to gain access to base, Nellis AFB, NV, he was denied entry because he wasn't wearing proper PPE on a motorcycle. He didn't like the answer/rules and wanted to file a complaint against me. He goes in visitor center to call the Law Enforcement desk. Few minutes later I get a call over the radio to detain this guy. So I go in with my dog and another cop. I asked the guy to turn around and put the phone down.(his back was toward me). After 5 times of asking him he finally turns to me, I take the phone and instruct my patrolman to detain this guy. Well the guy proceeded to punch and kick my patrol to the point of over powering him. He then came towards me and my pup.....My dog is trained for handler protection and he did his job well!!!! After a few mins of my dog mauling him, which seemed like forever, he decided he didn't want to fight anymore. Place looked like a murder scene! As K9 say....Talk Shit, Get Bit!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nanky--You'll never convince me your grandfather was not an ornery bastard of the highest order!

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nanky--You'll never convince me your grandfather was not an ornery bastard of the highest order!

lol, he was a man of few words, but had some great stories. My favorites were of him fishing with dynamite on the Red River or hoping on chunks of ice in the spring for a ride. He was an amazing man, taught me how to shoot, love for the outdoors, and so much more. Truly the greatest generation.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3