Vortex Viper ps-t versus hs-t

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a Leupold scope. Looked through it a whole buncha times and I can see a lotta stuff real good. I wonder how many times I can look through it before it's worn out...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
With little fanfare, I could run box tests with Vari-X II, Vari-X III, VX6, MK IV, B&L 4200, B&L 6500, Burris Signature, Kahles, Zeiss Conquest, Nightforce, and Sightron off the top of my head.

It's nice to not have to guess or read about what someone else has done.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can and have ran a box test to but not to the same accuracy that was ran there. Also not to the amount of different scopes and the quality that have been tested. So to a point you are just guessing or reading about vortex since you have not had hands on.

Last edited:

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had optics experts tell me that I cant tell the difference between HD optics and non-HD (Doug at Cameraland). After my own experience i have found that to be a complete falsehood and the difference is absolutely noticeable to me. Before i bought my 2-12 vx6 i read lots of reviews of people claiming that the glass was superb and just as good as top end german glass. I can tell you my eyes tell a much different story. The point I am trying to make is that everyone is different and to rely on your own experiences to guide you as to what you spend your cash on.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can and have ran a box test to but not to the same accuracy that was ran there. Also not to the amount of different scopes and the quality that have been tested. So to a point you are just guessing or reading about vortex since you have not had hands on.

I haven't tried a BSA or Barska either though I'd consider them much closer competition to Vortex.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't tried a BSA or Barska either though I'd consider them much closer competition to Vortex.

Really that's just fucking stupid.

If I didn't know any better this is like having a conversation with Larry........

Bless your heart

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im a perch snob.

image.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really that's just fucking stupid.

If I didn't know any better this is like having a conversation with Larry........

Bless your heart

No, you're having a conversation with someone who doesn't have any emotion tied up into purchases. I'm also someone who's seen advertising campaigns and sponsorships cause inferior products rocket to the top. Then, when they decide to reduce sponsorships and advertising as a cost cutting measure their loyalists get left holding the bag because without all the advertising the company just fades away. Simmons and Swift would be the 2 most recent examples. B&L deciding that Bushnell was more profitable and dropping their name from the line so as not to tarnish the B&L good name within non sporting optics instruments would also be a good example.

The bulk of Vortex's line and sales are NOT Razor. The bulk of their sales are crossfire and diamondback which do indeed play in the BSA/Barska space. I surely wouldn't own a Viper over say a similarly priced Zeiss, Leupold, Burris, or Bushnell 6500. In fact, I'd buy a pre-Blount used Weaver V-16 before I'd buy a Viper.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Times are changing and change is hard to accept.

- - - Updated - - -

Ain't going no where soon

- - - Updated - - -

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 236
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71