Weather!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
SE ND is getting the biblical rain treatment. Soon to be followed by the biblical mosquito treatment. Waaaa....

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
We ducked the hail, but the wind was damaging. We have seven trees down in the yard. Snapped off some big 16 inch diameter Norway Spruce half way up. One on top the new lawn shed, and one scrapped past the new 5th wheel. Also a 16 inch diameter Ponderosa, a cottonwood, and a large green ash. The neighbor lost much of his shingles and tar paper so it run water in on them in the basement. I guess most of my neighbors were in the basement. I knew it was a lot of wind, but I was surprised with all the trees down around the neighborhood. My neighbors boat must have been doing a few miles an hour when it hit his car. Caved in the side and slide along it taking off his rear bumper. Think I will go out and look around some more.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just talked to a fella in Montana. There is another slow moving monster coming our way.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been watching the radar and there is no rhime or reason to it in se nd, cannot tell if its going east or north but theres a lot of orange and red in it. We got about 4.5" with Saturdays rain at Wyndmere but its all soaking in. We needed it.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never seen a storm max out the radar before.

Screenshot_2016-07-10-16-06-07.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

But as for hail she was bad but it takes allot to impress me after riding out this one ...or two as the case was back in 2001.

morehail.jpg

download (2).jpg

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure the farmers around and south of Fargo are dancing right now. Was so dry around here, the 3+ inches we/ve gotten the last 2 days will soak up in a matter of no time. We got 2 inches Saturday night and yesterday I was in my garden weeding and it was dry.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another system coming up from the south. Should reach Bismarck by 4:15pm. After 3" last night can we take another 2"?

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had about 1 in Sat night and 1.5 last night (not including what we got during the day today). About 1 last night we ended up with intermittent hail. Largest was nickle size. but didn't seem like it was coming down enough to actually cause much damage.

This was about 20 miles S of Fargo. Didn't even seem to change the Wild Rice river level (yet).

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
my cabin 25 miles north of Moorhead got piss-pounded!
deer will have no pumpkins to feast on this year:(

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dry as eff up here in Minot. I thought we were going to get piss pounded at daybreak then nothing.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out today to check the Wild Rice out. Ended up cross my low spot in waders. Water is about 4.5 ft. So that would mean the river jumped about 8ft in the last day or so. We needed the rain, but not that much rain. The spot I planted for a plot last year is about 1 ft under right now... Good thing I didn't plant it yet

Bucks, did you get hail?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dry as eff up here in Minot. I thought we were going to get piss pounded at daybreak then nothing.

Yep chuckle out loud when I saw the radar data! Almost as if you guys had a force field pushing the storms around minot instead of through it.

Screenshot_2016-07-11-11-43-23.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 208
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 71