What was your 1st boat, ever?

870XPRS

1708102626450.jpeg
Thing leaked horribly, but kept me afloat.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't have a lot of money. Homemade "gaff" (I hacksawed a barb into it) and homemade bowfishing reel made it even more satisfying somehow. I still have the boat, both motors, the hook, and the bow. Ha ha.
That's awesome!!!!!!!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
14' lund aluminum boat with 15hp merc and bench seats! Didnt catch a lot of fish with that boat, but had a lot of fun. Parents would drop me off at the lake and Id be out there all day, then they would come pick me up at a specified time. Still kinda amazes me they would allow that, I was maybe 11 years old, out all day in a little boat by myself with no supervision and no phone, lol. Was different times back then!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
14' lund aluminum boat with 15hp merc and bench seats! Didnt catch a lot of fish with that boat, but had a lot of fun. Parents would drop me off at the lake and Id be out there all day, then they would come pick me up at a specified time. Still kinda amazes me they would allow that, I was maybe 11 years old, out all day in a little boat by myself with no supervision and no phone, lol. Was different times back then!
We had it good I tell you, Gen x was able to have the most freedom of any generation since. Me and my cousin would head up into the Pembina hills and shoot squirrels and save the tails so we could send them in to this guy I found in the back of the fur fish and game magazine, that dad had a subscription to becuase he trapped fur when money was good. The stock on that old Remington 22 varnish was almost rubbed bare from leaning against trees and dad shooting skunks or magpies that got caught in a trap out the pickup window. Man life was good
Sorry for hijacking this thread but Lycanthrope brought back some great times being a kid of the generation x.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
first boat was a 12 foot ted Williams with a 15 hp johnson. ended up trading the boat for a matco torque wrench.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
10' or 12' wood boat with oars man we caught fish fishing was easier than

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
1988 14ft northwoods tiller I bought from an old neighbor. 100/month payments for 5 months. Took it out to the local dams during the summer weekdays when dad was working, he wouldn’t let me take the big Lund. Me and a buddy would take it as far upstream as we could, anchor, and shoot beavers. Lots of great memories in that thing.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79