When do you start kids fishing?

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will be doing the same things this spring with my son. He will be two on march 25th. I have him scooping minnows right now and he plays with my ice fishing rods. He giggles like a school girl every time. I sure hope he likes to fish. Ff he does Mom might not see either of us in the summer!

Wow crazy mine will be 2 on March 22!! Good luck!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
on this particular day there was 4 Iowa boys at the cleaning station with like 4 northerns and 2 small walleyes. My kids of course were asking them why they kept them slimy northerns and didn't catch many fish. Lol

then I asked Iowa guy to take our pic. Haha

Our kids literally think the N word is Northern, because it doesn't get spoken in the boat.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
My kids preferred shore and ice fishing over being confined to a boat when they were really young. Shore fishing can be great fun for them as they can run around, explore and then reel in the fish when they bite. They will enjoy the day regardless of whether fish are caught. Agree with the snacks, warm clothes, short trips and other comfort items.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm close to the Montana boarder.. about 44 miles north of Beach

Ahh, I only ask, because there's a great pike pond in south Bismarck every spring. Fun for little squirts. Taking all three of my girls there this spring. Can't wait for my 2 yr old to see her first northern.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There's a awesome perch pond just a bit from my house.... I might start there lol

nybs

Honored Member
My son was same age...keep expectations low and just have fun. I usually plan to bring them on short trips cause that age they don’t always last long. Dock/shore fishing is good too cause then they can play in the sand and whatever else...
imagejpeg

- - - Updated - - -

jh.jpg
jh2.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117