Who is waterfowl hunting?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
was in the ground blind with my 9 year old son trying to fill his archery tag sunday evening. (which he did on a nice little buck) anyway constant specks going over all evening with the moon heading south. this would be along the river north of Bismarck 30 miles or so.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
was also out south of the lake unit M9 moose Friday helping a buddy fill a cow moose tag which he did but we didnt see any birds/feeds worth hunting in that area. pretty stale up there

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like the panel blinds are just one sided. Can you fold around so you are surrounded on all sides or do you have to buy two to conceal all the way around?
The panel blinds are just one side. You could make one into a small one man blind but if you want a big blind for 3-4 people you need to have two or put the blind up against something with cover on the back. I found two panel blinds to be more mobile, easier to set up, and versatile for different hunt scenarios. The heavy hauler hub is lighter and packs into a bag chair size. The tanglefree/ rig ‘‘em right folds into a flat square.

I did see Scheels had a crazy good sale on an a frame for $250 and a snow cover for $130. Not a bad deal at all.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats everyone seeing up north with this wind and cooler temps would think some new birds be moving in

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
we had a little snow flying this am in bismarck. was north of bismarck yesterday in my travels hwy 83, and i didnt see shit ..... haha so that is the report from the pavment

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saskatoon has been the same temp as we have this week so I wouldn't expect too much. Good ol' October lull!

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had a push of birds in my area. Had two nice greenhead shoots over the weekend. Definitely not locals.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we should have done better but the geese just didnt like something. Thinking it was guys pie facing but no one will admit it. More mallards around got a couple all colored up.

banks d and g.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 178
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88