Who's pumped for Minnesota walleye opener?

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weather doesn't look great but it's never stopped my before. Was on Lida this past weekend and got the boat in the water for the first time this year...felt awesome to be out again. Got into some crappies for a little warm-up. The kids are noticeably better handling the fishing rods this year, which means less work for me Thumbs Up. My uncle and I seined a bunch of shiner minnows for opener. The Zebra Mussels appear to be getting thicker in the lake, and I think the water clarity is already different from those damn things!!

img213.jpg

img214.jpg

img215.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
My uncle lives on LoW so I'll probably get out there at least once. Probably not until later in the summer though.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
You mean who is excited for bumper boats and the use of MN finders out in full force?

- - - Updated - - -

The in-laws have a cabin on ottertail. After last year, I am 100% done with the circus that occurs out there.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in ND, why the heck would a person want to fish over there?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember many a opener standing on shore, rod in hand, doing the countdown to midnight, and the first cast of the year at 12.00.01. Have fun boys!!!!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember the string of boats on I94 out of minneapolis when I would head back home from school. Lots of partying I presume

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I live in ND, why the heck would a person want to fish over there?

Yeah, thanks for your valuable input to my thread. I guess if I need to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.

To me, there's nothing like the excitement of an opening day. Plus I just love the Detroit Lakes area, the scenery and beautiful lakes country, the number of species I can fish in one lake, and even the night-life. I tend to find my own spots to fish away from the crowd, so that's never been a big issue to me.

I was born and raised in ND, and still live in ND today, but I will always love the opportunity to fish in Minnesota.

Some people might think living in Grand Forks is not great from a fishing standpoint but I just love it. Not only do we have a great fishery in the Red, but I can drive a couple hours to Devils, a couple hours to Lake of the Woods, a couple hours to Winnipeg, and a couple hours to hundreds of lakes around the Bemidji or Detroit Lakes area. I wouldn't change it for anything!!!!!!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
if one can throw a rock from their back yard and hit MN it's hard to think of it as out of bounds for fishing

in fact we "raided" some nice crappies in MN on Friday - two 14"s were in the mix - all over 12.5" - mostly 13"

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kid, have fun!
GF and Fargo always kind of seem like part of MN anyways when your from western ND.:eek:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I kid, have fun!
GF and Fargo always kind of seem like part of MN anyways when your from western ND.:eek:

You suck, keep your dumb comments to yourself, chad:;:

Minnesota is for locals only anyway

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84