Winnipeg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Are people allowed to "ice camp" up there? Not for this year, as we have a house setup, but for next year, I think it would be fun to rough it on the ice for 5 days straight, and take full advantage of the time up there for hunting a giant.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a fan of this guy, but thought it was unique vs. all the walleye videos. Does anyone here actually chase pike on Winnipeg?

HUNTFISHND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are people allowed to "ice camp" up there? Not for this year, as we have a house setup, but for next year, I think it would be fun to rough it on the ice for 5 days straight, and take full advantage of the time up there for hunting a giant.
Yeah you are. I believe this is the first year that your able to rent a sleeper shack out there also.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Not a fan of this guy, but thought it was unique vs. all the walleye videos. Does anyone here actually chase pike on Winnipeg?

Walleye only, for me.
That guy does some decent content, but he can be a little annoying at times, too.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah you are. I believe this is the first year that your able to rent a sleeper shack out there also.
Can one have some beverages in the sleeper shack?
That no drinking on the ice is no problem, but at the end of a day, a steak and nice glass of spirit is a good way to end a day.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never ever caught stinky up there must be certain spot perhaps.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
That no drinking on the ice is no problem, but at the end of a day, a steak and nice glass of spirit is a good way to end a day.
same question applies to the devils lettuce now that it is legalized up there

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it has a bathroom and a wash basin it can be considered your temporary place of residence and therefore you can cocktail is what I have heard.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it has a bathroom and a wash basin it can be considered your temporary place of residence and therefore you can cocktail is what I have heard.
I wouldn't take any chances on that without checking with their resource officers. The penalties for having booze on the ice up there aren't light, not even supposed to have it in your possession on the lake so I can't imagine they'd allow it in a sleeper house. But who knows, maybe they are lightening up a bit

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77