Winnipeg

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remind me to purchase my next used pick-up from the Lake Winnipeg area....

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remind me to purchase my next used pick-up from the Lake Winnipeg area....
I get a kick out of watching some of those guys in trucks baja across the lake. Beat the absolute shit out of those trucks.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rookie voyage coming up Sat-Tuesday. Looking forward to it. And some Ketchup and/or All Dressed chips of course.
frtio-lay hoops are where it's at! don't forget about their exotic chocolates as well!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mackintosh toffee was a big deal in the 70s.

Tried it a couple years ago… meh.

I was so disappointed.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any reports from the weekend ? They get a lot of snow from the storm up there too ?

Johnny Five

Well that was a good time.

First time up there and had my old man with too boot (upper 70s) so used a guide called Kannuk Outfitters. Holy balls are they great people and hard working guides. Highly recommend if you ever need a guide service.

S and SW end of the lake about 5 miles from the lake access out of Matlock. Anywhere from 6-10 feet (under the ice using a pan system). Some used rattle baits, some used spoons...bait of guides choice was live minnows.

My son hit the masters twice with a 28 and a 29. My old man smashed a 29. Quite a few 22-25 range. Plenty of eaters, not many dinks. Good, healthy fish. A little "finicky" at times mid afternoon. Only regret is we were not able to stick around for the 5-7 pm bite, which would've been a good time.

For the most part if you have a 4x4 pickup you can get around. There are spots where it's down to the ice and spots where there's drifts but you can usually find a good track. Throw in a shovel and a tow rope just in case.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well that was a good time.

First time up there and had my old man with too boot (upper 70s) so used a guide called Kannuk Outfitters. Holy balls are they great people and hard working guides. Highly recommend if you ever need a guide service.

S and SW end of the lake about 5 miles from the lake access out of Matlock. Anywhere from 6-10 feet (under the ice using a pan system). Some used rattle baits, some used spoons...bait of guides choice was live minnows.

My son hit the masters twice with a 28 and a 29. My old man smashed a 29. Quite a few 22-25 range. Plenty of eaters, not many dinks. Good, healthy fish. A little "finicky" at times mid afternoon. Only regret is we were not able to stick around for the 5-7 pm bite, which would've been a good time.

For the most part if you have a 4x4 pickup you can get around. There are spots where it's down to the ice and spots where there's drifts but you can usually find a good track. Throw in a shovel and a tow rope just in case.
3 gen fishing. That is AWESOME !!!!!!!!! Congrats on a great trip.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know some regulations changed recently. Does anyone know what the limit is now with the full license. Someone said for walleye it is 4 regardless if you have the full license or the conservation license.

Going up the next two weekends to end the season.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When i bought mine for our trip in January it was 4 and 6. I think that expires in April. The guide we were with mentioned next years license will not allow you to keep a fish over 21". No masters....

Johnny Five

I know some regulations changed recently. Does anyone know what the limit is now with the full license. Someone said for walleye it is 4 regardless if you have the full license or the conservation license.

Going up the next two weekends to end the season.
6 for the more expensive license…$66 or whatever it is, give or take.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been going up for quite a while, new regs won't effect us as we've never killed a single fish up there. Always allot of fun though!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I've never understood wanting to keep fish to eat up there. That lake is polluted as hell, which is where the Neon Green color comes from. Those fish are swimming around in RRV fertilizer and Winnipeg sewage.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75