What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Wishek Sausage
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="NDbowman" data-source="post: 495829" data-attributes="member: 1525"><p>I second Schmidt locker in Napoleon as having the best sausage. I try to pick up sausage and head cheese whenever I'm down there. Their headcheese is perfect. I've had Wishek sausage and its good but not as good as Schmidt locker. Langdon sausage is also excellent. </p><p>As for head cheese I think Schmidt locker is the best. I've had some from one the places in Linton, good but not as good. Some from Ashley grocery store, ok but I'd go to Napoleon first. Warehouse grocery in Harvey used to make some really good headcheese but when they got bought out by Leevers the guy that made it retired and took his recipe with him. I've been told they've started making head cheese there again but its not as good.</p><p></p><p>Also I agree that the airfryer is the best way to make sausage. Typhur Dome 2 is the one I have. When we make sausage, we remove the grate tray and put the sausage right in the pan, set to grill, 350 or so, and about 15 minutes. Comes out with the casing fried a little, almost like putting it on the grill. Take it out sooner if you don't like it fried like that.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="NDbowman, post: 495829, member: 1525"] I second Schmidt locker in Napoleon as having the best sausage. I try to pick up sausage and head cheese whenever I'm down there. Their headcheese is perfect. I've had Wishek sausage and its good but not as good as Schmidt locker. Langdon sausage is also excellent. As for head cheese I think Schmidt locker is the best. I've had some from one the places in Linton, good but not as good. Some from Ashley grocery store, ok but I'd go to Napoleon first. Warehouse grocery in Harvey used to make some really good headcheese but when they got bought out by Leevers the guy that made it retired and took his recipe with him. I've been told they've started making head cheese there again but its not as good. Also I agree that the airfryer is the best way to make sausage. Typhur Dome 2 is the one I have. When we make sausage, we remove the grate tray and put the sausage right in the pan, set to grill, 350 or so, and about 15 minutes. Comes out with the casing fried a little, almost like putting it on the grill. Take it out sooner if you don't like it fried like that. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Bone in Venison Chops??
Latest: Honkerslayr
Today at 1:07 AM
L
NDSU to the FBS???
Latest: LBrandt
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Pheasant opener # 57
Latest: Kurtr
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
IDK: Serene/Creek Trout YT
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 8:47 PM
Are the Brits are friends?
Latest: svnmag
Yesterday at 8:11 PM
Generation X
Latest: lunkerslayer
Yesterday at 8:06 PM
Teachers
Latest: wslayer
Yesterday at 6:25 PM
M9 Moose
Latest: wslayer
Yesterday at 5:16 PM
C
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: camper
Yesterday at 4:48 PM
What happened to DB-2
Latest: Jiffy
Yesterday at 1:23 PM
M
M11 cow moose
Latest: Mhall92
Yesterday at 12:49 PM
ND suppressor laws update?
Latest: Kurtr
Yesterday at 12:38 PM
I HATE coyotes!!!!
Latest: Rowdie
Yesterday at 11:24 AM
M
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: measure-it
Yesterday at 10:49 AM
R
migration 26
Latest: riverview
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
This is very sad and wrong
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 7:00 AM
Braid To Braid
Latest: risingsun
Yesterday at 4:24 AM
Henry Garden Gun YT
Latest: svnmag
Friday at 7:46 PM
Interesting Look!!!!!
Latest: risingsun
Friday at 6:10 PM
Boys had a heck of a weekend
Latest: Yoby
Friday at 11:24 AM
Pronghorn
Latest: PAIN
Friday at 11:19 AM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Wishek Sausage
Top
Bottom